Feb 11, 2014, 7:46 AM EDT
Tim Sherwood and Tottenham Hotspur are finally making their move into the European places on the Premier League table, but not all is right at White Hart Lane.
And wouldn’t you know it? Arsenal is playing role.
Lloris, 27, has played nearly every match this season for Spurs and his native France. With Tottenham in fifth place with 47 points, three shy of No. 4 Liverpool, Giroud has asked Lloris to consider the red side of North London.
“We go out together and talk about everything,” Giroud told a French television station. “We talk about life and sometimes the French team a bit and our wish to have a great experience together at the World Cup.
“Have I asked him to join Arsenal? Yes, I have with Lolo [Laurent Koscielny]. He would have liked to, he would quite like to. You will have to ask him the question.”
We’re sure Lloris will be jazzed to talk about this in the media, and he’ll love giving a honest and proper reply (eyes rolling over North London).
Giroud’s quip may receive loads of love from his Arsenal boss, Arsene Wenger, and not because of any ill will towards Wojciech Szczesny. Rather because of the 5-1 loss to Liverpool that Szczesny — and surely many Arsenal supporters — labeled “(expletive) embarrassing).”
Spurs, for their part, on in the PL’s third-best form. The next North London Derby comes March 16 at White Hart Lane.
- Alan Pardew handed hefty ban, fined for headbutt 1
- Preview: Atlético Madrid back on track before Champions League visit from goal-shy Milan 0
- Preview: Bayern Munich on guard ahead of Arsenal’s Champions League visit 0
- Third time’s the harm: Fan violence forces abandonment of Trabzonspor’s match with Fenerbahce 2
- If you had Pepe Reina in your “European star rumored for MLS” pool today, you win! 2
- US women lose second straight for first time since 2001 after ugly 5-3 defeat to Denmark 4
- Sporting KC's Television Network Expands
- American Investment Firm Buying Up Man United Stock
- Earthquakes vs. Toluca: CONCACAF Champions League
- San Jose Earthquakes Acquire Benfica Midfielder Yannick Djalo
- Revs Waive DelPiccolo; Roster Stands at 27
- Inter President Denies Holding Talks with Chicharito
- Nearly Perfect Start for Galaxy, Result Aside
- USWNT Lose to Denmark 5-3 in Algarve Cup
- Real Salt Lake's Nick Rimando Named MLS Player of the Week
- Will Johnson Signs New Multi-Year Contract With Portland Timbers