Feb 11, 2014, 7:46 AM EST
Tim Sherwood and Tottenham Hotspur are finally making their move into the European places on the Premier League table, but not all is right at White Hart Lane.
And wouldn’t you know it? Arsenal is playing role.
Lloris, 27, has played nearly every match this season for Spurs and his native France. With Tottenham in fifth place with 47 points, three shy of No. 4 Liverpool, Giroud has asked Lloris to consider the red side of North London.
“We go out together and talk about everything,” Giroud told a French television station. “We talk about life and sometimes the French team a bit and our wish to have a great experience together at the World Cup.
“Have I asked him to join Arsenal? Yes, I have with Lolo [Laurent Koscielny]. He would have liked to, he would quite like to. You will have to ask him the question.”
We’re sure Lloris will be jazzed to talk about this in the media, and he’ll love giving a honest and proper reply (eyes rolling over North London).
Giroud’s quip may receive loads of love from his Arsenal boss, Arsene Wenger, and not because of any ill will towards Wojciech Szczesny. Rather because of the 5-1 loss to Liverpool that Szczesny — and surely many Arsenal supporters — labeled “(expletive) embarrassing).”
Spurs, for their part, on in the PL’s third-best form. The next North London Derby comes March 16 at White Hart Lane.
- Ban upheld: Diego Costa to miss Saturday’s visit from Manchester City, 2 more 1
- Report: Liverpool hoping to buy Ings, loan striker back to Burnley for season 1
- David Beckham says progress still being made toward MLS stadium in Miami 1
- DONE DEAL: Mattia Destro, Juan Agudelo sign with new clubs AC Milan, New England Revolution 0
- Juan Agudelo signs with New England Revolution, completes return to MLS 2
- How will Chelsea, Manchester City line up in huge Premier League clash? 2