Feb 11, 2014, 1:02 PM EDT
Fresh off a run to the Elite Eight, the University of California men’s soccer team has added a familiar last name to its program.
Though this Klinsmann’s about stopping shots, not banging them home.
— Jonathan Klinsmann (@jonklinsmann) February 11, 2014
Yep, goalkeeper Jonathan Klinsmann (’15), son of United States men’s national team coach Jurgen Klinsmann, has committed to his college.
Jonathan played for the USMNT U-15 boys team as well as the Irvine Strikers on his way to Berkeley. It’s a good place for keepers to grow, as evidenced by the careers of Stefan Frei and Erik Kronberg amongst others.
- Liverpool and AC Milan in talks over deal for Mario Balotelli 0
- Atlanta’s new MLS franchise has already sold 14,000 season tickets 6
- No signings in 2015: Barcelona’s transfer ban upheld, FIFA rejects appeal 3
- Report: Tottenham set to raid Manchester United, line up Fellaini, Hernandez deals 6
- Spanish Super Cup: Late goal allows Atlético to claim first leg draw at Real Madrid 0
- UEFA Champions League Roundup: Arsenal held; Athletic takes 1-1 draw out of Naples 1