Feb 11, 2014, 1:02 PM EDT
Fresh off a run to the Elite Eight, the University of California men’s soccer team has added a familiar last name to its program.
Though this Klinsmann’s about stopping shots, not banging them home.
— Jonathan Klinsmann (@jonklinsmann) February 11, 2014
Yep, goalkeeper Jonathan Klinsmann (’15), son of United States men’s national team coach Jurgen Klinsmann, has committed to his college.
Jonathan played for the USMNT U-15 boys team as well as the Irvine Strikers on his way to Berkeley. It’s a good place for keepers to grow, as evidenced by the careers of Stefan Frei and Erik Kronberg amongst others.
- EURO 2016 qualifying roundup: Germany back on track; Portugal beat Serbia, go top 0
- Report: Aston Villa owner Randy Lerner set to sell team to UK group 0
- MLS roundup: Whitecaps, D.C. United win late ones; FCD, Sounders in disappointing draw 1
- MLS Snapshot: FC Dallas 0-0 Seattle Sounders 0
- MLS Snapshot: Vancouver Whitecaps 2-1 Portland Timbers 2
- MLS Snapshot: D.C. United 1-0 LA Galaxy 1