Feb 11, 2014, 1:02 PM EST
Fresh off a run to the Elite Eight, the University of California men’s soccer team has added a familiar last name to its program.
Though this Klinsmann’s about stopping shots, not banging them home.
— Jonathan Klinsmann (@jonklinsmann) February 11, 2014
Yep, goalkeeper Jonathan Klinsmann (’15), son of United States men’s national team coach Jurgen Klinsmann, has committed to his college.
Jonathan played for the USMNT U-15 boys team as well as the Irvine Strikers on his way to Berkeley. It’s a good place for keepers to grow, as evidenced by the careers of Stefan Frei and Erik Kronberg amongst others.
- Player Ratings: Some good, some not so good in Chile’s 3-2 win over the U.S. 8
- Chile 3-2 USMNT: Another lead disintegrates for Klinsmann’s crew 1
- Sheffield United 2-2 Tottenham: Eriksen sees Spurs to All-London final in absolute thriller 2
- Africa Cup of Nations roundup: Lots will be drawn to determine second place in Group D 0
- Queens Park Rangers’ Canadian winger Junior Hoilett on Toronto FC, relegation battles and more 0
- English FA charge Chelsea’s Diego Costa with violent conduct after stamp, may miss Man City match 2