Feb 11, 2014, 1:02 PM EDT
Fresh off a run to the Elite Eight, the University of California men’s soccer team has added a familiar last name to its program.
Though this Klinsmann’s about stopping shots, not banging them home.
— Jonathan Klinsmann (@jonklinsmann) February 11, 2014
Yep, goalkeeper Jonathan Klinsmann (’15), son of United States men’s national team coach Jurgen Klinsmann, has committed to his college.
Jonathan played for the USMNT U-15 boys team as well as the Irvine Strikers on his way to Berkeley. It’s a good place for keepers to grow, as evidenced by the careers of Stefan Frei and Erik Kronberg amongst others.
- MLS playoffs weekend preview: Which remaining team has the best form? 0
- Van Gaal: Manchester Derby is “biggest” he’ll manage; Rooney in, Falcao out 0
- WATCH: Premier League TV schedule – Week 10 3
- Diego Costa will be available to Chelsea this weekend, says Jose Mourinho; QPR and Blues to tangle on NBCSN 0
- Prince-Wright’s Premier League picks: Chelsea, Arsenal, Everton the standouts 1
- Premier League Power Rankings: Will Chelsea ever lose, Burnley ever win? 0