Feb 11, 2014, 1:02 PM EDT
Fresh off a run to the Elite Eight, the University of California men’s soccer team has added a familiar last name to its program.
Though this Klinsmann’s about stopping shots, not banging them home.
— Jonathan Klinsmann (@jonklinsmann) February 11, 2014
Yep, goalkeeper Jonathan Klinsmann (’15), son of United States men’s national team coach Jurgen Klinsmann, has committed to his college.
Jonathan played for the USMNT U-15 boys team as well as the Irvine Strikers on his way to Berkeley. It’s a good place for keepers to grow, as evidenced by the careers of Stefan Frei and Erik Kronberg amongst others.
- Premier League friendly roundup: Southampton draws, Stoke swallowed 0
- Jose Mourinho says “best team lost,” attacks Arsenal’s defensive tactics, as Chelsea beaten at their own game 4
- Arsene Wenger, Jose Mourinho fail to shake hands, as Gunners boss finally prevails 1
- Three things we learned from Arsenal’s Community Shield win vs. Chelsea 0
- Arsenal 1-0 Chelsea: Oxlade-Chamberlain strike wins Gunners FA Community Shield 0
- Report: Manchester United, PSG agree to $70 million fee for Angel di Maria 3