Feb 11, 2014, 1:02 PM EDT
Fresh off a run to the Elite Eight, the University of California men’s soccer team has added a familiar last name to its program.
Though this Klinsmann’s about stopping shots, not banging them home.
— Jonathan Klinsmann (@jonklinsmann) February 11, 2014
Yep, goalkeeper Jonathan Klinsmann (’15), son of United States men’s national team coach Jurgen Klinsmann, has committed to his college.
Jonathan played for the USMNT U-15 boys team as well as the Irvine Strikers on his way to Berkeley. It’s a good place for keepers to grow, as evidenced by the careers of Stefan Frei and Erik Kronberg amongst others.
- Gotze the hero, as Germany beat Argentina in extra time to win fourth World Cup title 1
- Game On: Lineups for World Cup final, will Argentina or Germany prevail? 0
- Most expensive ever: Putin to spend $20 billion on 2018 World Cup in Russia 3
- World Cup Today: Fast Facts on the Final 1
- Preview, Germany vs. Argentina: Messi to define, be defined by World Cup final 2
- Early Dutch goals prolong hosts’ nightmare, claim third place at 2014 World Cup 7