Feb 11, 2014, 1:02 PM EDT
Fresh off a run to the Elite Eight, the University of California men’s soccer team has added a familiar last name to its program.
Though this Klinsmann’s about stopping shots, not banging them home.
— Jonathan Klinsmann (@jonklinsmann) February 11, 2014
Yep, goalkeeper Jonathan Klinsmann (’15), son of United States men’s national team coach Jurgen Klinsmann, has committed to his college.
Jonathan played for the USMNT U-15 boys team as well as the Irvine Strikers on his way to Berkeley. It’s a good place for keepers to grow, as evidenced by the careers of Stefan Frei and Erik Kronberg amongst others.
- Van Persie is ‘very happy’ at Manchester United, would ‘be delighted’ to extend his contract 0
- After strong first legs, can MLS teams advance in Champions League 0
- Bayern Munich president Uli Hoeness jailed 3.5 years for tax evasion 1
- Manchester United vs. Liverpool, Sherwood’s struggles, MLS mega-match – View from the Booth, with Arlo White 1
- Eric Cantona arrested on suspicion of assault 2
- Report: Nicklas Bendtner gets hammered, drops pants and wipes himself on taxi 2
- Aberdeen and Inverness Caledonian Set For Historic League Cup Final
- What We Learned In This week's Champions League Ties
- Preview: Toronto FC at Seattle Sounders
- Corona & Benedetto Compare Playing against an MLS Side vs Liga MX
- Brazil's Sports Minister Claims Brazil Will Host the Safest World Cup Ever
- Gary Lineker: Messi Makes Me Realize How Sh*t I Was
- Hedges' Extension No-Brainer for FCD
- Kenny Miller Lauds "Fantastic Opening day of the Season" Performance
- Revs Loan Soffner, Sundly to Rochester
- New England Revolution Notes: Moving on to Philadelphia Union