Feb 12, 2014, 1:59 PM EST
It’s a heck of a hike from Northeast England to Manchester, and traveling fans from Sunderland will not be pleased to learn that high winds have forced the postponement of today’s match between the Black Cats and Citizens.
The Manchester Police are credited with calling the game off, and the lack of a contest will serve a battered Manchester City side well. Defender Matija Nastasic recently joined Samir Nasri, Javi Garcia, Sergio Aguero and Fernandinho on City’s injury list, and would not be available for the match.
No rescheduled date has been released, though the two sides are set for a big day on March 2, when they’ll contest the final of the Football League Cup.
There’s still plenty of football being played, as Newcastle/Tottenham, Arsenal/Manchester United, Fulham/Liverpool and Swansea/Stoke are streaming live and online at NBC Sports Extra.
- Rodgers says Balotelli needs to vastly improve before playing for Liverpool 0
- Italy head coach Antonio Conte supports Sebastian Giovinco’s move to MLS 7
- USMNT U-20s defeat El Salvador, 2-0, qualify for 2015 U-20 World Cup 1
- Jurgen Klinsmann names 23-man roster for USMNT friendlies vs. Chile, Panama 0
- Africa Cup of Nations roundup: Ivory Coast, Cameroon in 1-1 draws as Group D up for grabs 0
- Mourinho on loss: “Me and the players must feel ashamed” 0