Feb 12, 2014, 1:59 PM EDT
It’s a heck of a hike from Northeast England to Manchester, and traveling fans from Sunderland will not be pleased to learn that high winds have forced the postponement of today’s match between the Black Cats and Citizens.
The Manchester Police are credited with calling the game off, and the lack of a contest will serve a battered Manchester City side well. Defender Matija Nastasic recently joined Samir Nasri, Javi Garcia, Sergio Aguero and Fernandinho on City’s injury list, and would not be available for the match.
No rescheduled date has been released, though the two sides are set for a big day on March 2, when they’ll contest the final of the Football League Cup.
There’s still plenty of football being played, as Newcastle/Tottenham, Arsenal/Manchester United, Fulham/Liverpool and Swansea/Stoke are streaming live and online at NBC Sports Extra.
- Klinsmann on USMNT’s win over Guatemala: “I’m not happy with that performance” 0
- USMNT player ratings: How Klinsmann’s men fared against Guatemala 1
- USA 4-0 Guatemala: USMNT cruises into Gold Cup with win in Nashville 0
- World players’ union FIFPro opens door to women for first time in 50-year history 0
- How will USMNT line up vs. Guatemala in final pre-Gold Cup friendly? 3
- Chile vs. Argentina – Three key battles that will decide the Copa America final 0