Feb 12, 2014, 1:59 PM EDT
It’s a heck of a hike from Northeast England to Manchester, and traveling fans from Sunderland will not be pleased to learn that high winds have forced the postponement of today’s match between the Black Cats and Citizens.
The Manchester Police are credited with calling the game off, and the lack of a contest will serve a battered Manchester City side well. Defender Matija Nastasic recently joined Samir Nasri, Javi Garcia, Sergio Aguero and Fernandinho on City’s injury list, and would not be available for the match.
No rescheduled date has been released, though the two sides are set for a big day on March 2, when they’ll contest the final of the Football League Cup.
There’s still plenty of football being played, as Newcastle/Tottenham, Arsenal/Manchester United, Fulham/Liverpool and Swansea/Stoke are streaming live and online at NBC Sports Extra.
- PST’s Major League Soccer power rankings: Double(d) vision edition 0
- US Soccer stands by Solo stance; Media backlash keeps on coming 2
- PST’s Major League Soccer player of the week: No question who was tops 0
- WATCH: Men in Blazers show debuts on NBCSN 0
- Report: Obafemi Martins close to Seattle extension and raise 0
- DC United extends Ben Olsen’s contract after bounceback season 1