Feb 12, 2014, 1:59 PM EDT
It’s a heck of a hike from Northeast England to Manchester, and traveling fans from Sunderland will not be pleased to learn that high winds have forced the postponement of today’s match between the Black Cats and Citizens.
The Manchester Police are credited with calling the game off, and the lack of a contest will serve a battered Manchester City side well. Defender Matija Nastasic recently joined Samir Nasri, Javi Garcia, Sergio Aguero and Fernandinho on City’s injury list, and would not be available for the match.
No rescheduled date has been released, though the two sides are set for a big day on March 2, when they’ll contest the final of the Football League Cup.
There’s still plenty of football being played, as Newcastle/Tottenham, Arsenal/Manchester United, Fulham/Liverpool and Swansea/Stoke are streaming live and online at NBC Sports Extra.
- WATCH: Premier League TV schedule – Week 35 0
- Jurgen Klinsmann on Jozy Altidore’s situation, USMNT squad and more 0
- Three Liverpool players on PFA Player of the Year shortlist 0
- Week 7 Preview: Fire look for first win vs. Revs; Dallas gets its crack at Toronto 0
- Report: Aston Villa ownership will change hands if club stays up 4
- Tim Howard inks Everton extension, signs through 2017-18 season 2