Feb 12, 2014, 1:59 PM EST
It’s a heck of a hike from Northeast England to Manchester, and traveling fans from Sunderland will not be pleased to learn that high winds have forced the postponement of today’s match between the Black Cats and Citizens.
The Manchester Police are credited with calling the game off, and the lack of a contest will serve a battered Manchester City side well. Defender Matija Nastasic recently joined Samir Nasri, Javi Garcia, Sergio Aguero and Fernandinho on City’s injury list, and would not be available for the match.
No rescheduled date has been released, though the two sides are set for a big day on March 2, when they’ll contest the final of the Football League Cup.
There’s still plenty of football being played, as Newcastle/Tottenham, Arsenal/Manchester United, Fulham/Liverpool and Swansea/Stoke are streaming live and online at NBC Sports Extra.
- MLS, union come together to avoid calamitous work stoppage 6
- Wednesday’s Premier League roundup: Chelsea, Man City win; six of top seven prevail 0
- Jose Mourinho says his Chelsea team “were brothers on the pitch” in crucial win 0
- West Ham United 0-1 Chelsea: Hazard’s header enough for league leaders (video) 0
- Queens Park Rangers 1-2 Arsenal: Red-hot Giroud helps Gunners to win (video) 0
- Newcastle United 0-1 Manchester United: Krul gaffe spoils Jonas return (video) 4