Feb 12, 2014, 2:16 PM EDT
Two top-half teams moving in decidedly different directions meet again at St. James Park today when the surging Spurs visit troubled Newcastle United (Watch online via Live Extra, 2:45pm ET) with three points on the line.
Spurs leapt over two bumps in the road caused by a loss to Man City and a draw against Hull by beating Everton, leapfrogging the Toffees to fifth in the table.
Newcastle is in relegation form, with just four points from its past six contests, but their hot start to the season has the drop zone laughably below. The Magpies are coming off back-to-back 3-0 losses and have scored just three goals in their last six… all in the same match against West Ham.
The two teams were in very different spots on Nov. 10 when Newcastle walked into White Hart Lane and stole three points on Loic Remy‘s marker in the 13th minute.
Tottenham: Lloris; Walker, Kaboul, Vertonghen, Naughton; Dembele, Bentaleb, Capoue, Paulinho, Lennon; Adebayor. Subs: Friedel, Dawson, Chadli, Eriksen, Townsend, Kane, Soldado.
- Manchester City’s Pellegrini won’t rule out Lampard loan extension 0
- PST’s Major League Soccer power rankings: Double(d) vision edition 2
- US Soccer stands by Solo stance; Media backlash keeps on coming 9
- PST’s Major League Soccer player of the week: No question who was tops 0
- WATCH: Men in Blazers show debuts on NBCSN 0
- Report: Obafemi Martins close to Seattle extension and raise 1