Feb 12, 2014, 2:16 PM EDT
Two top-half teams moving in decidedly different directions meet again at St. James Park today when the surging Spurs visit troubled Newcastle United (Watch online via Live Extra, 2:45pm ET) with three points on the line.
Spurs leapt over two bumps in the road caused by a loss to Man City and a draw against Hull by beating Everton, leapfrogging the Toffees to fifth in the table.
Newcastle is in relegation form, with just four points from its past six contests, but their hot start to the season has the drop zone laughably below. The Magpies are coming off back-to-back 3-0 losses and have scored just three goals in their last six… all in the same match against West Ham.
The two teams were in very different spots on Nov. 10 when Newcastle walked into White Hart Lane and stole three points on Loic Remy‘s marker in the 13th minute.
Tottenham: Lloris; Walker, Kaboul, Vertonghen, Naughton; Dembele, Bentaleb, Capoue, Paulinho, Lennon; Adebayor. Subs: Friedel, Dawson, Chadli, Eriksen, Townsend, Kane, Soldado.
- Atlanta’s new MLS franchise has already sold 14,000 season tickets 0
- No signings in 2015: Barcelona’s transfer ban upheld, FIFA rejects appeal 1
- Report: Tottenham set to raid Manchester United, line up Fellaini, Hernandez deals 4
- Spanish Super Cup: Late goal allows Atlético to claim first leg draw at Real Madrid 0
- UEFA Champions League Roundup: Arsenal held; Athletic takes 1-1 draw out of Naples 1
- PST Major League Soccer Player of the Week: Fabián Castillo 0