Feb 12, 2014, 2:16 PM EDT
Two top-half teams moving in decidedly different directions meet again at St. James Park today when the surging Spurs visit troubled Newcastle United (Watch online via Live Extra, 2:45pm ET) with three points on the line.
Spurs leapt over two bumps in the road caused by a loss to Man City and a draw against Hull by beating Everton, leapfrogging the Toffees to fifth in the table.
Newcastle is in relegation form, with just four points from its past six contests, but their hot start to the season has the drop zone laughably below. The Magpies are coming off back-to-back 3-0 losses and have scored just three goals in their last six… all in the same match against West Ham.
The two teams were in very different spots on Nov. 10 when Newcastle walked into White Hart Lane and stole three points on Loic Remy‘s marker in the 13th minute.
Tottenham: Lloris; Walker, Kaboul, Vertonghen, Naughton; Dembele, Bentaleb, Capoue, Paulinho, Lennon; Adebayor. Subs: Friedel, Dawson, Chadli, Eriksen, Townsend, Kane, Soldado.
- WATCH: Premier League live on NBC Sports Live Extra – Week 35 0
- Americans Abroad Preview: Howard looks for bounceback vs Manchester United 0
- Report: 10-year-old daughter of former FIFA official received over $3 million 1
- Premier League Preview: Chelsea vs Sunderland 0
- Homegrown star Shipp hoping to guide Chicago to first win of 2014 1
- WATCH: Premier League TV schedule – Week 35 0