Luis Suarez claims Patrice Evra race allegations were “all false”

Feb 13, 2014, 8:58 AM EDT

Suarez's goals have dried up a little of late. AP

Luis Suarez has risked re-opening his race row with Patrice Evra by claiming the Frenchman’s allegations were “all false.”

On the heels of Liverpool’s dramatic come-from-behind 3-2 victory over Fulham, Suarez sat down with Sport890 AM to discuss a myriad of topics including any regrets he has in his career.

“Let me tell you, I’ve made only two mistakes in my career,” Suarez said. “My first was when I was playing for Ajax and I bit an opponent. My second was when I bet [Branislav] Ivanovic [against Chelsea].”

“The case with Evra was all false. I was accused without proof. But that’s in the past. I was sad at that moment, but I’m happy today. I have grown up. I have thought more about things before doing them.

“Now people in England can’t talk about me because I’m not doing anything wrong. They have to talk about me only as a footballer. I said I’m sorry [after the Ivanovic bite] and that was all, end of story. I’ve nothing else to regret. All the other things were like a movie that people in England believed in.”

Despite his protestations to the contrary, Suarez was banned for eight games and fined £40,000 after being found guilty of misconduct for “using insulting words towards” to Evra during the 1-1 draw between Liverpool and Manchester United on October 15, 2011.

1. unclemosesgreen - Feb 13, 2014 at 9:06 AM

Suarez probably said that Evra, Vidic & Ferdinand were putting up as much resistance as a cone in a dribbling drill.

2. dfstell - Feb 13, 2014 at 9:25 AM

Good lord….the guy is seriously dense. What he doesn’t understand is that he cannot “win” the racial allegations against him. If he really didn’t say anything bad to Evra, I feel for him, but he will never, ever win this argument. Just shut up and move on. The second the discussion comes up, you are a loser.

Really…..he just shouldn’t talk to the media at all.

3. litepad - Feb 13, 2014 at 9:36 AM

He called Evra a ‘blackie’…. In many countries/cultures that’s how they call dark skin people, Fat people are called fatty, short people are called shorty, dark skin people blackie… It’s not considered an offensive word in those countries/cultures.

But in today’s PC world, it’s not acceptable anymore. Luis Suarez having played and lived in Europe for some time should have known that. And having been told the word is offensive to black people, he should have apologised immediately. There is clearly video evidence showing him say that. He is clearly in the wrong. So really there is no excuse to say the allegations were false.

4. chunkala - Feb 13, 2014 at 1:55 PM

Will someone please eliminate this mf-er once and for all.
    I really hope that Suarez intends to visit the US this summer (Florida specifically) and decides to either play loud rap music in his car or text whilein the movie theater.

• jaguerre2014 - Feb 14, 2014 at 12:51 AM

you must be one of those color people that still have in you after the game with Ghanna..

5. tonyolekanma - Feb 13, 2014 at 9:51 PM

Every “cannibal” will meet “its” match; then, of course, they get to find out whose fangs/canines pack more rabid punch.

Official: Welbeck signs for Arsenal