Feb 13, 2014, 8:58 AM EDT
On the heels of Liverpool’s dramatic come-from-behind 3-2 victory over Fulham, Suarez sat down with Sport890 AM to discuss a myriad of topics including any regrets he has in his career.
“Let me tell you, I’ve made only two mistakes in my career,” Suarez said. “My first was when I was playing for Ajax and I bit an opponent. My second was when I bet [Branislav] Ivanovic [against Chelsea].”
“The case with Evra was all false. I was accused without proof. But that’s in the past. I was sad at that moment, but I’m happy today. I have grown up. I have thought more about things before doing them.
“Now people in England can’t talk about me because I’m not doing anything wrong. They have to talk about me only as a footballer. I said I’m sorry [after the Ivanovic bite] and that was all, end of story. I’ve nothing else to regret. All the other things were like a movie that people in England believed in.”
Despite his protestations to the contrary, Suarez was banned for eight games and fined £40,000 after being found guilty of misconduct for “using insulting words towards” to Evra during the 1-1 draw between Liverpool and Manchester United on October 15, 2011.
- WATCH: Saturday’s top 5 goals in Major League Soccer 0
- MLS roundup: Houston, Vancouver sit on top of their conferences after day one 0
- Rare bad night from Robbie Keane costs LA Galaxy against Real Salt Lake 1
- Atlantic crushed: D.C. United, New York open the season with three-goal losses 4
- Stoppage time goal gives Seattle 1-0 opening day win over Sporting Kansas City (video) 10
- Premier League Roundup: Chelsea clear at the top, Manchester United click, Cardiff bag huge win 0
- Will Johnson: We Weren't all Quite at the Races
- Owners Legal Issues Have Caught Up to Queretaro
- Juventus Prove They Know how to Win Despite Weak Performance Against Fiore
- Liverpool is Ready to Spend $100 Million in Summer Transfers
- Dallas Manage 3-2 Win in Season Opener Against Impact
- Dynamo Shut Out the Revs as Bruin Scores a Pair
- Argentine Melodies Illuminate Rainy Night in Portland
- LA Galaxy Gift Real Salt Lake Three Points in Season Opener
- Berhalter Gets First Win as Columbus Downs D.C. United 3-0
- Colorado Rapids - 3 Hopes and One Fear