Feb 13, 2014, 8:58 AM EDT
On the heels of Liverpool’s dramatic come-from-behind 3-2 victory over Fulham, Suarez sat down with Sport890 AM to discuss a myriad of topics including any regrets he has in his career.
“Let me tell you, I’ve made only two mistakes in my career,” Suarez said. “My first was when I was playing for Ajax and I bit an opponent. My second was when I bet [Branislav] Ivanovic [against Chelsea].”
“The case with Evra was all false. I was accused without proof. But that’s in the past. I was sad at that moment, but I’m happy today. I have grown up. I have thought more about things before doing them.
“Now people in England can’t talk about me because I’m not doing anything wrong. They have to talk about me only as a footballer. I said I’m sorry [after the Ivanovic bite] and that was all, end of story. I’ve nothing else to regret. All the other things were like a movie that people in England believed in.”
Despite his protestations to the contrary, Suarez was banned for eight games and fined £40,000 after being found guilty of misconduct for “using insulting words towards” to Evra during the 1-1 draw between Liverpool and Manchester United on October 15, 2011.
- David Moyes tipped by Roberto Martinez to make swift return to management 0
- Three things we learned from Real Madrid’s win vs. Bayern Munich 2
- Benzema goal holds up as Real Madrid claim 1-0 lead over Bayern Munich 0
- Major League Soccer Power Rankings – Week 7 3
- Moyes statement on dismissal; Reports say he was recruiting to the end 4
- Head coach Marc Wilmots says Adnan Januzaj will play for Belgium 2