Feb 13, 2014, 5:03 PM EST
Queens Park Rangers boss Harry Redknapp is pulling out all the stops in his promotion push, even delaying a high-profile loan move for Ravel Morrison in case he needs the flashy attacker for the Championship playoffs.
The move would reportedly happen on Feb. 21 in order for the 93-day loan to last through the Championship playoff final, in case that’s what it takes for QPR to earn promotion.
QPR manager Harry Redknapp revealed his interest in signing Morrison following his side’s loss to Derby on Monday night.
Redknapp told Sky Sports News: “If he does want to come and they want to loan him out, we’d be interested, for sure. He’s a talent, (and) can open doors and make the difference.”
Morrison has played a total of 45 minutes in Premier League action since playing a full 90 minutes in a 3-1 loss at Manchester United on Dec. 21.
But he started off his time as a Hammer quite well, scoring thrice and adding two assists in a nine-game stretch between late September and the end of November. Yet he’s also been in the headlines for a near-fight with Wilfried Zaha in an England U-21 match, as well as a number of other questionable decisions. It’s all well-detailed by our own JPW here.
- Player Ratings: Some good, some not so good in Chile’s 3-2 win over the U.S. 8
- Chile 3-2 USMNT: Another lead disintegrates for Klinsmann’s crew 1
- Sheffield United 2-2 Tottenham: Eriksen sees Spurs to All-London final in absolute thriller 2
- Africa Cup of Nations roundup: Lots will be drawn to determine second place in Group D 0
- Queens Park Rangers’ Canadian winger Junior Hoilett on Toronto FC, relegation battles and more 0
- English FA charge Chelsea’s Diego Costa with violent conduct after stamp, may miss Man City match 1