Feb 13, 2014, 7:04 PM EDT
Wednesday’s weather and stadium issues forced the late postponement of a match between Everton and Crystal Palace at Goodison Park. You couldn’t help but be bummed after seeing this ill-fated Tweet from a super-excited Toffees supporter who had traveled from Malaysia to see his beloved squad.
— RW (@ric_wee) February 12, 2014
That Tweet hit just before the match became a no-go, leading to this extra bummer of a Tweet… that turned Ric Wee’s day around.
That’s when Everton sprang into action. After all, they no longer had a match to play. Wee got to spend time with Everton boss Roberto Martinez and star back Leighton Baines, picked up some autographs and returned to Goodison Park the next day for a tour of the stadium led by former Everton striker Graeme Sharp.
Cynics will suggest the Toffees jumped on a chance for some great PR… and so what? It served its purpose and surely Ric Wee doesn’t mind. He’s only put out dozens of joyous Tweets and Retweets today.
Now watch out Twitter after the next cancellation. Blood in the water, clubs. Blood in the water.
— RW (@ric_wee) February 13, 2014
- Premier League Sunday Preview: Tottenham host Liverpool, Arsenal face Leicester 0
- Revolution feeling a Jermaine Jones boost after unloading on Toronto 0
- Reports: Julian Green to be loaned from Bayern Munich to Hamburg 0
- Xabi Alonso debuts as Bayern Munich held at Schalke 0
- Premier League Saturday Roundup: Chelsea win classic; Stoke stun Man City 0
- Everton 3-6 Chelsea: Blues prevail in sensational nine-goal thriller (video) 1