Feb 14, 2014, 2:56 PM EDT
After Toronto pulled off a massive coup by landing Brazilian national team ‘keeper Julio Cesar on loan for the entire 2014 MLS season, it got me thinking: who is the best ‘keeper in MLS?
With a whole host of top quality domestic ‘keepers and classy foreign imports now present at clubs across the league, it’s a pretty tricky question, right?
Here are a 10 options to choose from in the poll below, so have a vote and let us know who you rate as the top ‘keeper in Major League Soccer.
Plus if there are any we’ve left out, pop them in the comments section below.
NOTE: Nick Rimando was mysteriously not included as an option in the initial poll despite being selected… now he is in thanks to the eagle-eyed media crew at Real Salt Lake. Wouldn’t want to do you chaps and Nicky a disservice. Thanks for pointing out the gremlins in the system.
- Preview: Bayern Munich on guard ahead of Arsenal’s Champions League visit 0
- Third time’s the harm: Fan violence forces abandonment of Trabzonspor’s match with Fenerbahce 2
- If you had Pepe Reina in your “European star rumored for MLS” pool today, you win! 0
- US women lose second straight for first time since 2001 after ugly 5-3 defeat to Denmark 4
- Premier League Playback: Fifth place finish for Man United? Superstar Shaw, Arsenal’s big chance 0
- Bayern Munich star Toni Kroos fails to rule out Manchester United move 6
- Revs Waive DelPiccolo; Roster Stands at 27
- Inter President Denies Holding Talks with Chicharito
- Nearly Perfect Start for Galaxy, Result Aside
- USWNT Lose to Denmark 5-3 in Algarve Cup
- Real Salt Lake's Nick Rimando Named MLS Player of the Week
- Will Johnson Signs New Multi-Year Contract With Portland Timbers
- Martino and Moyes Trapped in Can't-Win Situations
- CCL Watch: Cruz Azul Suffer First Loss
- TV Ratings for MLS Season Opener Increase 283% in 1 Year
- Liga MX Radar: Michael Arroyo Scores a Quad