POLL: Who is Major League Soccer’s best goalkeeper?

Feb 14, 2014, 2:56 PM EDT

Brazil v Chile Getty Images

After Toronto pulled off a massive coup by landing Brazilian national team ‘keeper Julio Cesar on loan for the entire 2014 MLS season, it got me thinking: who is the best ‘keeper in MLS?

With a whole host of top quality domestic ‘keepers and classy foreign imports now present at clubs across the league, it’s a pretty tricky question, right?

Here are a 10 options to choose from in the poll below, so have a vote and let us know who you rate as the top ‘keeper in Major League Soccer.

Plus if there are any we’ve left out, pop them in the comments section below.

Happy voting.

NOTE: Nick Rimando was mysteriously not included as an option in the initial poll despite being selected… now he is in thanks to the eagle-eyed media crew at Real Salt Lake. Wouldn’t want to do you chaps and Nicky a disservice. Thanks for pointing out the gremlins in the system.

1. dreadpirate82 - Feb 14, 2014 at 3:08 PM

It’s obviously Eric Kronberg (insert sarcastic font). Well, I’m hoping it is, but we have no way of knowing about him.

You say there are 10 keepers in the poll, but I only count 9, and Nick Rimando appears to be missing at the moment. I’m guessing something screwy happened with the poll, so I decline to vote since I can’t vote for Rimando.

2. Cameron - Feb 14, 2014 at 3:20 PM

I second the Rimando protest. It isn’t a poll of top keepers without my man Rimando – the best keeper hands down.

3. cooalish - Feb 14, 2014 at 3:23 PM

My vote is for Rimando. And Jaime Penedo should be in Carlo Cudicini’s place for the Galaxy. If I was ranking last years keepers, Cudicini would have been near the bottom.

4. tylerbetts - Feb 14, 2014 at 3:24 PM

Seriously, how is this poll lacking Rimando?

5. jtuscan - Feb 14, 2014 at 3:25 PM

Carlo Cudicini is a joke. Remove him, add Rimando and Pinedo.

6. hildezero - Feb 14, 2014 at 7:57 PM

If Julio Cesar REALLY signed with Toronto, than it’s obviously him. Duh… -_- Rimando is great, but not better than Julio Cesar.

7. the0verheadwire - Feb 15, 2014 at 4:37 AM

No Pinedo???? He made some great saves and showed how horrific Cuddicini was.

8. midtec2005 - Feb 15, 2014 at 2:42 PM

Agree about Pinedo and Rimando. It’s probably a pretty close call now between Pinedo, Rimando, and Cesar.

I know Cesar has the resume, but I’m a huge fan of Rimando. He is the definition of a heroic goalkeeper. And I’m not even an RSL fan.

Week 3: Saturday Premier League recap