Feb 14, 2014, 8:20 PM EDT
With four minutes until the final whistle, Mario Balotelli single-handedly ruined the evenings of Bologna fans with a brilliant 40-yard stunner as AC Milan pick up their first win in their last three matches.
The shot comes from about even with the right corner of the 18-yard-box, although well outside the area, dipping and diving between two defenders before tucking itself neatly into the tightest possible area of the top-left corner.
The three points allow Milan to briefly catch Lazio for ninth in the Serie A table, who play on the road at Catania on Sunday.
This season has been a frustrating one for the mercurial Balotelli. He’s bagged 11 goals now in 19 matches, but has often drawn the ire of his managerial staff.
The 23-year-old was seen in tears on the bench (not the first time) after Milan crumbled to Napoli last weekend.
Here’s the video of his goal from earlier today. His ho-hum reaction is almost as awesome as the goal. Try not to wake the neighbors:
- Liverpool complete $17 million signing of Belgian striker Divock Origi 0
- Tim Howard joins NBC Sports’ Premier League broadcast team on multi-year deal 9
- VIDEO: US stars fight – Omar Gonzalez vs. Clint Dempsey, DeAndre Yedlin 4
- Manchester United’s Luke Shaw trains on his own, told he’s “not fit enough” 2
- MLS Snapshot: Seattle Sounders 0-3 LA Galaxy 2
- Premier, Champions League quotas leave Mourinho desperate to sell Torres 5