Feb 14, 2014, 8:20 PM EST
With four minutes until the final whistle, Mario Balotelli single-handedly ruined the evenings of Bologna fans with a brilliant 40-yard stunner as AC Milan pick up their first win in their last three matches.
The shot comes from about even with the right corner of the 18-yard-box, although well outside the area, dipping and diving between two defenders before tucking itself neatly into the tightest possible area of the top-left corner.
The three points allow Milan to briefly catch Lazio for ninth in the Serie A table, who play on the road at Catania on Sunday.
This season has been a frustrating one for the mercurial Balotelli. He’s bagged 11 goals now in 19 matches, but has often drawn the ire of his managerial staff.
The 23-year-old was seen in tears on the bench (not the first time) after Milan crumbled to Napoli last weekend.
Here’s the video of his goal from earlier today. His ho-hum reaction is almost as awesome as the goal. Try not to wake the neighbors:
- Liverpool 2-2 Arsenal: Wounded Skrtel turns away Gunners at the death (video) 1
- Arsene Wenger says Arsenal could spend big in January, if the deals are right 0
- Real Madrid outclass San Lorenzo, win 2014 Club World Cup 6
- Premier League Sunday preview: Loaded morning sees Tyne-Wear Derby and Liverpool vs. Arsenal 0
- Premier League roundup: Goals galore as Saints, Tottenham, QPR, Man City win 0
- WATCH: Match of the Day – Recap Saturday’s madness in the Premier League 0