Feb 14, 2014, 8:20 PM EDT
With four minutes until the final whistle, Mario Balotelli single-handedly ruined the evenings of Bologna fans with a brilliant 40-yard stunner as AC Milan pick up their first win in their last three matches.
The shot comes from about even with the right corner of the 18-yard-box, although well outside the area, dipping and diving between two defenders before tucking itself neatly into the tightest possible area of the top-left corner.
The three points allow Milan to briefly catch Lazio for ninth in the Serie A table, who play on the road at Catania on Sunday.
This season has been a frustrating one for the mercurial Balotelli. He’s bagged 11 goals now in 19 matches, but has often drawn the ire of his managerial staff.
The 23-year-old was seen in tears on the bench (not the first time) after Milan crumbled to Napoli last weekend.
Here’s the video of his goal from earlier today. His ho-hum reaction is almost as awesome as the goal. Try not to wake the neighbors:
- USMNT player ratings: How Klinsmann’s men fared against Peru 8
- Three things we learned from USMNT’s comeback win vs. Peru 0
- USMNT 2-1 Peru: Altidore double leads USA to come-from-behind win 0
- EXCLUSIVE: US Olympic coach Andi Herzog on Rio 2016, MLS, over-age players and more 0
- Real Madrid’s Perez says De Gea move failed because Manchester United lacks transfer “experience” 6
- Preview: USMNT to face Peru in tune-up for CONCACAF playoff vs. Mexico 0