Feb 14, 2014, 8:20 PM EDT
With four minutes until the final whistle, Mario Balotelli single-handedly ruined the evenings of Bologna fans with a brilliant 40-yard stunner as AC Milan pick up their first win in their last three matches.
The shot comes from about even with the right corner of the 18-yard-box, although well outside the area, dipping and diving between two defenders before tucking itself neatly into the tightest possible area of the top-left corner.
The three points allow Milan to briefly catch Lazio for ninth in the Serie A table, who play on the road at Catania on Sunday.
This season has been a frustrating one for the mercurial Balotelli. He’s bagged 11 goals now in 19 matches, but has often drawn the ire of his managerial staff.
The 23-year-old was seen in tears on the bench (not the first time) after Milan crumbled to Napoli last weekend.
Here’s the video of his goal from earlier today. His ho-hum reaction is almost as awesome as the goal. Try not to wake the neighbors:
- Seattle 2-0 L.A. Galaxy: Pappa the hero again, Sounders win 1st Shield 0
- Premier League roundup: Arsenal, Saints win, Manchester City stunned (video) 0
- Real Madrid 3-1 Barcelona: Real win El Clasico, Suarez returns 3
- Sunderland 0-2 Arsenal: Sanchez seals win after horrendous defending (video) 0
- VIDEO: Russell Brand crashes Sam Allardyce’s presser with a huge kiss 2
- West Ham United 2-1 Manchester City: Hammers stun reigning champs (video) 1