Feb 14, 2014, 8:20 PM EDT
With four minutes until the final whistle, Mario Balotelli single-handedly ruined the evenings of Bologna fans with a brilliant 40-yard stunner as AC Milan pick up their first win in their last three matches.
The shot comes from about even with the right corner of the 18-yard-box, although well outside the area, dipping and diving between two defenders before tucking itself neatly into the tightest possible area of the top-left corner.
The three points allow Milan to briefly catch Lazio for ninth in the Serie A table, who play on the road at Catania on Sunday.
This season has been a frustrating one for the mercurial Balotelli. He’s bagged 11 goals now in 19 matches, but has often drawn the ire of his managerial staff.
The 23-year-old was seen in tears on the bench (not the first time) after Milan crumbled to Napoli last weekend.
Here’s the video of his goal from earlier today. His ho-hum reaction is almost as awesome as the goal. Try not to wake the neighbors:
- EURO 2016 preview: Qualifying resumes for England, Spain, Germany, Italy 0
- Lionel Messi earns $1.4 million per week, tops Cristiano Ronaldo, Neymar as richest player 2
- Morgan Schneiderlin wants Southampton exit if they fail to make UEFA Champions League 3
- VIDEO: Cristiano Ronaldo could be fined, suspended for “calm down” celebration 4
- Three things we learned from the USA’s late defeat vs. Denmark 6
- Player ratings: How did the USMNT fare in defeat to Denmark? 5