Feb 17, 2014, 9:27 AM EDT
With FIFA heading to Brazil this week to inspect venues and check on the South American countries progress ahead of this summer’s World Cup, the star man for the host nation has spoken of his dream to lift the title.
Brazilian superstar Neymar spoke to FIFA’s website about the World Cup this summer and also discussed his switch to play for FC Barcelona in Spain.
Neymar has settled in well to life at the Nou Camp and is back fit and raring to go as Barcelona face Manchester City in the last 16 of the UEFA Champions League this week.
One of the reason he’s settled well at Barca, according to Neymar, is due to the help of his teammates making him feel so welcome in the Catalan city. And one of his teammates happens to be Argentine superstar Lionel Messi.
Neymar revealed he and Messi dream about Brazil facing fierce rivals Argentina in the World Cup final this summer
“I’ve even spoken to him about a possible Final between Brazil and Argentina, obviously with Brazil winning. I was always a big fan of his, and am even more so now that I know him. I have the good fortune to work with him every day and I wish him well in everything.”
- VIDEO: Top 10 goals of the MLS season (heading into the final weekend) 0
- UEFA Champions League roundup: Madrid clubs, Borussia Dortmund roll 0
- Three things we learned as Real Madrid rout Liverpool 0
- Arsenal’s Podolski, Gibbs break Belgian hearts in left-for-late win 0
- Liverpool 0-3 Real Madrid: Reigning champions roll Reds aside with ease 0
- Setting the scene at Anfield, as Liverpool host Real Madrid in UEFA Champions League 0