Feb 19, 2014, 10:48 AM EDT
There’s a sports side to the security concerns in Ukraine, and while it’s far less important than the monumental unrest in the Eastern European nation, it’s still a matter of import to soccer supporters.
Yesterday we told you that there’s already a magnifying glass on the US/Ukraine friendly scheduled for March 5, and word is that Dynamo Kiev has moved its Thursday match with Valencia in the Europa League to Cyprus.
Meanwhile, Dnipro’s hosting of Tottenham Hotspur is slated to stay in the embattled nation due to Dnipropetrovsk being 300 miles from the Ukranian capital where the majority of violence is centered.
- Watch Live: Chicago Fire vs. New England Revolution (Lineups and Discuss) 0
- Premier League Roundup: Chelsea blow it, Swansea, Spurs and Palace win 0
- VIDEO: Jose Mourinho’s sensational swipe at officials after Chelsea suffer shock defeat 5
- Chelsea 1-2 Sunderland: Blues’ title dreams in ruins, as Black Cats grab shock win (video) 5
- Newcastle United 1-2 Swansea City: Bony’s brace seals crucial win for Swans 0
- West Ham United 0-1 Crystal Palace: Eagles assure second season in Premier League 0