Feb 19, 2014, 10:48 AM EDT
There’s a sports side to the security concerns in Ukraine, and while it’s far less important than the monumental unrest in the Eastern European nation, it’s still a matter of import to soccer supporters.
Yesterday we told you that there’s already a magnifying glass on the US/Ukraine friendly scheduled for March 5, and word is that Dynamo Kiev has moved its Thursday match with Valencia in the Europa League to Cyprus.
Meanwhile, Dnipro’s hosting of Tottenham Hotspur is slated to stay in the embattled nation due to Dnipropetrovsk being 300 miles from the Ukranian capital where the majority of violence is centered.
- MLS playoffs weekend preview: Which remaining team has the best form? 0
- Van Gaal: Manchester Derby is “biggest” he’ll manage; Rooney in, Falcao out 0
- WATCH: Premier League TV schedule – Week 10 3
- Diego Costa will be available to Chelsea this weekend, says Jose Mourinho; QPR and Blues to tangle on NBCSN 0
- Prince-Wright’s Premier League picks: Chelsea, Arsenal, Everton the standouts 1
- Premier League Power Rankings: Will Chelsea ever lose, Burnley ever win? 0