Feb 19, 2014, 10:48 AM EDT
There’s a sports side to the security concerns in Ukraine, and while it’s far less important than the monumental unrest in the Eastern European nation, it’s still a matter of import to soccer supporters.
Yesterday we told you that there’s already a magnifying glass on the US/Ukraine friendly scheduled for March 5, and word is that Dynamo Kiev has moved its Thursday match with Valencia in the Europa League to Cyprus.
Meanwhile, Dnipro’s hosting of Tottenham Hotspur is slated to stay in the embattled nation due to Dnipropetrovsk being 300 miles from the Ukranian capital where the majority of violence is centered.
- Reports: Manchester United nearing cut-price loan for Falcao 0
- Toronto FC fire Ryan Nelsen thanks to disappointing position and disparaging comments 1
- Leicester City 1-1 Arsenal: Home side holds strong for draw 3
- Done deal: Chelsea sign Loic Remy from QPR 0
- Tottenham 0-3 Liverpool: Familiar scenes as Reds storm Spurs in London 4
- Premier League Sunday Preview: Tottenham host Liverpool, Arsenal face Leicester 0