Feb 19, 2014, 10:48 AM EST
There’s a sports side to the security concerns in Ukraine, and while it’s far less important than the monumental unrest in the Eastern European nation, it’s still a matter of import to soccer supporters.
Yesterday we told you that there’s already a magnifying glass on the US/Ukraine friendly scheduled for March 5, and word is that Dynamo Kiev has moved its Thursday match with Valencia in the Europa League to Cyprus.
Meanwhile, Dnipro’s hosting of Tottenham Hotspur is slated to stay in the embattled nation due to Dnipropetrovsk being 300 miles from the Ukranian capital where the majority of violence is centered.
- Premier League Playback: Why Manchester City are throwing away the title 0
- 2015 MLS season preview: New York City FC 0
- Rumors know no window: Orlando using Kaka to lure Balotelli to MLS 5
- La Liga & Serie A roundup: Draws for Real, Atletico; Salah shines for Fiorentina 0
- Chelsea 2-0 Tottenham Hotspur: Mourinho’s boys win League Cup trophy 0
- Three things we learned from Liverpool’s win vs. Manchester City 4