Feb 19, 2014, 10:48 AM EDT
There’s a sports side to the security concerns in Ukraine, and while it’s far less important than the monumental unrest in the Eastern European nation, it’s still a matter of import to soccer supporters.
Yesterday we told you that there’s already a magnifying glass on the US/Ukraine friendly scheduled for March 5, and word is that Dynamo Kiev has moved its Thursday match with Valencia in the Europa League to Cyprus.
Meanwhile, Dnipro’s hosting of Tottenham Hotspur is slated to stay in the embattled nation due to Dnipropetrovsk being 300 miles from the Ukranian capital where the majority of violence is centered.
- Premier League scenarios: Europa League and relegation requirements 0
- Premier League Preview: Hull City vs. Manchester United 0
- TV SCHEDULE: Premier League finale – 10 games, 10 channels on Championship Sunday 0
- Geoff Cameron takes us behind-the-scenes at Stoke City 1
- Brendan Rodgers insists Raheem Sterling will remain at Liverpool 0
- US Open Cup draw: Sounders-Timbers, NYCFC-NY Cosmos highlight possible 4th-round clashes 1