Feb 19, 2014, 8:00 AM EDT
On Wednesday in London, one of the most eagerly awaited ties of the last 16 of the UEFA Champions League begins at the Emirates Stadium, as Arsenal host Bayern Munich.
These two teams are no strangers, as they met in the same stage last year but Arsenal were knocked out on the away goals rule, after losing the first leg at home 3-1 but then rallying to win 2-0 away at Bayern’s Allianz Arena. Needless to say, it will be tight.
Will this tie follow the same path this year? Will Arsenal finally get one over on Bayern? Or will the reigning European Champions brush Arsene Wenger‘s men aside?
As kick off approaches, all of these questions will intensify in our heads. So let’s break this tie between two European giants down with the help of this nifty infographic below.
Remember, log onto ProSoccerTalk for recaps, analysis and news from Arsenal vs. Bayern and all the other Champions League matchups.
- Watch Live: Liverpool vs. AS Roma (Lineups and Discuss) 0
- USMNT prospect Gideon Zelalem on Arsenal’s roster for Red Bulls match 1
- Stripping Russia of World Cup 2018? Germany makes the argument 5
- New York City FC to announce “major signing” on Thursday… Frank Lampard? 7
- PHOTOS: What if your college was a professional soccer team? They could look like this 7
- Omar Gonzalez still dreams of Europe but “committed to the Galaxy” 2