Feb 19, 2014, 8:00 AM EDT
On Wednesday in London, one of the most eagerly awaited ties of the last 16 of the UEFA Champions League begins at the Emirates Stadium, as Arsenal host Bayern Munich.
These two teams are no strangers, as they met in the same stage last year but Arsenal were knocked out on the away goals rule, after losing the first leg at home 3-1 but then rallying to win 2-0 away at Bayern’s Allianz Arena. Needless to say, it will be tight.
Will this tie follow the same path this year? Will Arsenal finally get one over on Bayern? Or will the reigning European Champions brush Arsene Wenger‘s men aside?
As kick off approaches, all of these questions will intensify in our heads. So let’s break this tie between two European giants down with the help of this nifty infographic below.
Remember, log onto ProSoccerTalk for recaps, analysis and news from Arsenal vs. Bayern and all the other Champions League matchups.
- MLS Roundup: Sporting climbs to first in East; RSL stays undefeated 0
- Late Martins goal gives Seattle full points at Chivas USA (video) 0
- Grabavoy winner prolongs Portland’s agony against Real Salt Lake (video) 0
- Pérez’s late goal gives FC Dallas 2-1 win over Toronto FC (video) 2
- D.C. United takes a point out of Columbus, but referee has some explaining to do (video) 1
- Late strike from Manneh allows Vancouver to salvage a point against LA Galaxy (video) 1