Feb 19, 2014, 8:00 AM EST
On Wednesday in London, one of the most eagerly awaited ties of the last 16 of the UEFA Champions League begins at the Emirates Stadium, as Arsenal host Bayern Munich.
These two teams are no strangers, as they met in the same stage last year but Arsenal were knocked out on the away goals rule, after losing the first leg at home 3-1 but then rallying to win 2-0 away at Bayern’s Allianz Arena. Needless to say, it will be tight.
Will this tie follow the same path this year? Will Arsenal finally get one over on Bayern? Or will the reigning European Champions brush Arsene Wenger‘s men aside?
As kick off approaches, all of these questions will intensify in our heads. So let’s break this tie between two European giants down with the help of this nifty infographic below.
Remember, log onto ProSoccerTalk for recaps, analysis and news from Arsenal vs. Bayern and all the other Champions League matchups.
- Rodgers: Sturridge could face Chelsea in League Cup, certain to be back for Saturday vs. West Ham 0
- Sepp Blatter keeps talking trash at UEFA regarding FIFA election 3
- Sunday’s transfer rumor roundup: Konoplyanka to Everton, Clyne to Trafford 0
- Africa Cup of Nations roundup: Congo, Equatorial Guinea victorious in group finales, advance 0
- FA Cup Roundup: Upsets halted with West Ham, Villa, Arsenal wins 1
- Rodgers says Balotelli needs to vastly improve before playing for Liverpool 1