Feb 19, 2014, 8:00 AM EST
On Wednesday in London, one of the most eagerly awaited ties of the last 16 of the UEFA Champions League begins at the Emirates Stadium, as Arsenal host Bayern Munich.
These two teams are no strangers, as they met in the same stage last year but Arsenal were knocked out on the away goals rule, after losing the first leg at home 3-1 but then rallying to win 2-0 away at Bayern’s Allianz Arena. Needless to say, it will be tight.
Will this tie follow the same path this year? Will Arsenal finally get one over on Bayern? Or will the reigning European Champions brush Arsene Wenger‘s men aside?
As kick off approaches, all of these questions will intensify in our heads. So let’s break this tie between two European giants down with the help of this nifty infographic below.
Remember, log onto ProSoccerTalk for recaps, analysis and news from Arsenal vs. Bayern and all the other Champions League matchups.
- Stoppage time goal gives Seattle Sounders 1-0 opening day win over Sporting Kansas City 2
- Premier League Roundup: Chelsea clear at the top, Manchester United click, Cardiff bag huge win 0
- Chelsea 4-0 Tottenham Hotspur: Blues blitz Spurs to extend their lead at the top 0
- Cardiff City 3-1 Fulham: Bluebirds win the relegation dogfight 0
- David Moyes on Manchester United’s win vs. West Brom: “That’s more like it” 0
- Arsenal 4-1 Everton: Gunners book FA Cup semifinal spot 0
- Away-Goal Rule is the Novelty for this Year's MLS Playoffs
- Barrett Nails Last Minute Goal for Seattle 1-0 Victory
- Three Things: Chelsea 4-0 Spurs
- FIFA Fines Argentine Clubs for Fake Transfers
- Sunderland Boss Poyet Challenges Altidore to Prove Him Wrong
- 3 Hopes and One Fear for Montreal Impact
- Top Four Serie A Teams to Meet in Couple of Crucial Encounters
- Liverpool Eyeing Valencia Midfielder Dani Parejo
- Barca Have $83M for Transfers Plus Funds Raised from Sold Players
- What am I Watching?: The Paradox of the National Team