Feb 19, 2014, 3:01 PM EST
It’s easy to forget that nearly every player grew up rooting for a team, and that more often than not that team is not their current employer. In the case of Rapid Wien’s Terrence Boyd, it’s a little bizarre to read the American striker’s undying love for his favorite club.
Here’s what Boyd dropped on Twitter just before Arsenal’s UEFA Champions League tie with Bayern Munich kicked off this afternoon.
No matter whats happening tonight I just wanted to let you know that there is no club I will love more than @Arsenal
— Terrence Boyd (@TBoyd91) February 19, 2014
It doesn’t bother me and isn’t a big deal, but it’s funny to think how a Rapid Wien supporter reads that Tweet. Sure it comes with the territory of being a supporter for a non-gigantic club, but still… In any event, it’s a case that gossip rags would say, “Players… they’re just like us.”
If you’re not following Boyd on Twitter, by the way, it’s worth it just for occasional witty Tweet like “Whaaaat just saw #bullriding for the first time! AMAZING” and, well, photos of his tatted-on croc skin:
Crocodile skin pic.twitter.com/mNGLCWRBEw
— Terrence Boyd (@TBoyd91) February 18, 2014
- What to expect as USA, Premier League star Geoff Cameron joins ProSoccerTalk 0
- FIFA saga takes new twist: World Cup corruption report to be reviewed 0
- VOTE – Best choice for MLS expansion: Las Vegas, Sacramento or Minneapolis? 2
- Manchester United’s Radamel Falcao suffers new injury setback 0
- Mats Hummels to Manchester United rumors persist. Can it happen in January? 1
- Report: Arsenal have deal in place to sign Chelsea’s Petr Cech 1