Feb 19, 2014, 3:01 PM EDT
It’s easy to forget that nearly every player grew up rooting for a team, and that more often than not that team is not their current employer. In the case of Rapid Wien’s Terrence Boyd, it’s a little bizarre to read the American striker’s undying love for his favorite club.
Here’s what Boyd dropped on Twitter just before Arsenal’s UEFA Champions League tie with Bayern Munich kicked off this afternoon.
No matter whats happening tonight I just wanted to let you know that there is no club I will love more than @Arsenal
— Terrence Boyd (@TBoyd91) February 19, 2014
It doesn’t bother me and isn’t a big deal, but it’s funny to think how a Rapid Wien supporter reads that Tweet. Sure it comes with the territory of being a supporter for a non-gigantic club, but still… In any event, it’s a case that gossip rags would say, “Players… they’re just like us.”
If you’re not following Boyd on Twitter, by the way, it’s worth it just for occasional witty Tweet like “Whaaaat just saw #bullriding for the first time! AMAZING” and, well, photos of his tatted-on croc skin:
Crocodile skin pic.twitter.com/mNGLCWRBEw
— Terrence Boyd (@TBoyd91) February 18, 2014
- Sepp Blatter claims French and German presidents influenced World Cup voters 0
- United States, Japan meet in Women’s World Cup final with high hopes back home 1
- Krieger credits Ellis, communication for United States’ defensive success 2
- Chile 0-0 (4-1 PKs) Argentina: Chile’s first Copa America title in 99-year history (video) 2
- Lloyd, Brian prove crucial to United States’ turnaround at Women’s World Cup 2
- Report: Robin van Persie agrees to personal terms with Fenerbahce 4