Feb 20, 2014, 11:56 AM EDT
Serbian center-back Nemanja Vidic is set for a summer switch from Manchester United to Inter Milan.
“I can say that the deal is done at 90%,” Inter club president Erick Thohir told La Gazzetta dello Sport.
“When everything is sealed, we will make an announcement,” Thohir continued. “Don’t let me say something that is not concrete yet.”
Earlier this month Vidic announced that he would not be re-signing at Old Trafford, with the club allowing him to negotiate a summer move ahead of time. With the announcement came a host of calls from top European clubs but given Thohir’s statement Wednesday, it looks like the 32-year-old will be heading to the San Siro come this June.
Vidic arrived at United in January 2006 from Spartak Moscow on a $13.4 million transfer fee. For the last eight-and-a-half years Vidic, along with Rio Ferdinand, has been the bedrock of the United defense appearing in 203 Premier League matches.
- Prindi’s Premier League Picks: United to get it right, Arsenal to stumble 1
- Profile: The life and times of Mario Balotelli 0
- WATCH: Premier League TV schedule – Week 2 0
- Americans Abroad Preview: Guzan, Howard face tests; Bundesliga opens 0
- Balotelli flies to Liverpool for medical, but won’t play against Man City 10
- PST’s Major League Soccer Power Rankings – The Benefit of Mid-Week Edition 0