Feb 20, 2014, 2:25 PM EST
If the film ‘Next Goal Wins’ is half as good as the trailer, the soccer world could be in for something very special.
The documentary details the evolution of the America Samoa Men’s National Team, dubbed ‘the worst team in the world’, and the arrival of Thomas Rongen, the former coach of D.C. United, Chivas USA and the US Men’s U-20 national side.
The film, from Mike Brett and Steve Jamison, looks to have a number of captivating storylines including that of the first transgender soccer player in World Cup history.
Enjoy the trailer.
- Stoppage time goal gives Seattle 1-0 opening day win over Sporting Kansas City (video) 9
- Premier League Roundup: Chelsea clear at the top, Manchester United click, Cardiff bag huge win 0
- Chelsea 4-0 Tottenham Hotspur: Blues blitz Spurs to extend their lead at the top (video) 0
- Cardiff City 3-1 Fulham: Bluebirds win the relegation dogfight 0
- David Moyes on Manchester United’s win vs. West Brom: “That’s more like it” 0
- Arsenal 4-1 Everton: Gunners book FA Cup semifinal spot 0
- John Terry Rules out International Return
- Aberdeen March on in Scottish FA Cup
- 2014 MLS Season: Rebuilding The San Jose Earthquakes
- Players to Watch: Montreal Impact
- Ireland's Premier Division Season Kicks off
- Away-Goal Rule is the Novelty for this Year's MLS Playoffs
- Barrett Nails Last Minute Goal for Seattle 1-0 Victory
- Three Things: Chelsea 4-0 Spurs
- FIFA Fines Argentine Clubs for Fake Transfers
- Sunderland Boss Poyet Challenges Altidore to Prove Him Wrong