Feb 20, 2014, 2:25 PM EDT
If the film ‘Next Goal Wins’ is half as good as the trailer, the soccer world could be in for something very special.
The documentary details the evolution of the America Samoa Men’s National Team, dubbed ‘the worst team in the world’, and the arrival of Thomas Rongen, the former coach of D.C. United, Chivas USA and the US Men’s U-20 national side.
The film, from Mike Brett and Steve Jamison, looks to have a number of captivating storylines including that of the first transgender soccer player in World Cup history.
Enjoy the trailer.
- US women lose second straight for first time since 2001 after ugly 5-3 defeat to Denmark 1
- Premier League Playback: Fifth place finish for Man United? Superstar Shaw, Arsenal’s big chance 0
- Bayern Munich star Toni Kroos fails to rule out Manchester United move 6
- Manchester United set to bid $50 million for Southampton’s star duo 0
- In MLS, West is best… at least for a weekend 1
- Netherlands and Roma on alert after Kevin Strootman carted off against Napoli 0
- Liga MX Radar: Michael Arroyo Scores a Quad
- Sounders FC Monday Morning Breakdown
- Maidana Stars in Impressive Philly Newbie Trio
- Barnsley Send Brek Shea Back to Stoke after Fight with Fan
- Yanks in Mexico: Torres Scores in Tigres Win, Garza Gives Solid Display
- Julio Cesar Put his Semester in Toronto at Risk
- Getafe Fire Luis Garcia, Hire Cosmin Contra as New Manager
- Former Sounders Teammates Rosales and Hurtado Faced off in LA
- The Clock is Ticking for Tim Sherwood at Spurs
- The FIFA World Cup Trophy for the First Time in Sarajevo