Feb 21, 2014, 5:49 PM EDT
Wigan Athletic midfielder James McArthur didn’t let something petty* like having a baby stop him from much more important things he had to do.
Important things such as watching Arsenal play Bayern Munich in the Champions League.
For all those married men out there, we all know our wives make terrible decisions at times, but when McArthur’s wife chose a terrible time to go into labor, he was unwavered.
The Scottish international (pictured, right) ensured the miracle of life didn’t ruin his plans to soak up the beautiful game.
By making sure the television in his hospital room was properly tuned to the European matchup’s first leg, he didn’t miss seeing Wojciech Szczesny get sent off by taking down Arjen Robben. He didn’t miss Mesut Ozil have a mental breakdown. And he sure didn’t miss watching the Gunners leave themselves with a big mountain to climb.
His wife doesn’t seem like she’s too bothered about the events either, as she’s quite focused on whatever she happens to be taking care of on her smartphone. She’s not exactly interested in the television, though.
Looks like his children will be growing up the right way, with the little one’s priorities clearly in line.
Congratulations to James on his child’s successful birth! He admitted to the inability to control his emotions during the game…I mean during the birth.
*Clearly sarcasm oozes out of this post. I don’t actually think having a child is petty, and I realize that women don’t choose when to have children. But if you can get away with it, why not catch the game!
- WATCH: Premier League online via NBC Sports Live Extra – Week 9 0
- Chicago Fire 2-1 Houston Dynamo: Stoppage-time winner caps off Chicago comeback (VIDEO) 1
- Premier League Preview: Sunderland vs. Arsenal 0
- Still defending racial incident, seething at bite talk, Suarez returns for Barcelona 0
- Prince-Wright’s Premier League picks – Manchester United, Arsenal, Liverpool 0
- WATCH: Premier League TV schedule – Week 9 1