Feb 22, 2014, 5:45 PM EDT
Crystal Palace fans have a strange way of offering congratulations, apparently, giving Wayne Rooney a little coin showering at Selhurst Park in the wake of news that the England international has just signed a new five-and-half year deal with Manchester United.
In all seriousness, it’s a needless thing to do, and the better supporters around South London are surely a bit ashamed of their naughty brothers.
No matter, Manchester United boss David Moyes said. He doesn’t seem to think the incident will affect Rooney.
I would have thought all these supporters will be cheering for him in three months. It happens. He’s a top player and anything he earns is down to him. …I don’t think it bothered Wayne.”
- League Cup Roundup: Liverpool survive 15-round shootout, Arsenal out 2
- Manchester City’s Pellegrini won’t rule out Lampard loan extension 0
- PST’s Major League Soccer power rankings: Double(d) vision edition 3
- US Soccer stands by Solo stance; Media backlash keeps on coming 10
- PST’s Major League Soccer player of the week: No question who was tops 0
- WATCH: Men in Blazers show debuts on NBCSN 0