Feb 22, 2014, 5:45 PM EDT
Crystal Palace fans have a strange way of offering congratulations, apparently, giving Wayne Rooney a little coin showering at Selhurst Park in the wake of news that the England international has just signed a new five-and-half year deal with Manchester United.
In all seriousness, it’s a needless thing to do, and the better supporters around South London are surely a bit ashamed of their naughty brothers.
No matter, Manchester United boss David Moyes said. He doesn’t seem to think the incident will affect Rooney.
I would have thought all these supporters will be cheering for him in three months. It happens. He’s a top player and anything he earns is down to him. …I don’t think it bothered Wayne.”
- PST’s Major League Soccer Power Rankings – Week 1 0
- Arsenal midfielder Gedion Zelalem about to jump off the U.S. Soccer radar 6
- Stuart Holden out for 6-9 months, as serious injury hits U.S. international once again 3
- Three things we learned from Arsenal’s failed UEFA Champions League campaign 1
- Battling Arsenal bow out, as Bayern Munich reach UEFA Champions League quarters after 1-1 draw (3-1, agg.) 1
- Two from Diego Costa help Atlético Madrid cruise past Milan in Champions League, 4-1 (5-1, agg.) 0
- Sporting KC's Television Network Expands
- American Investment Firm Buying Up Man United Stock
- Earthquakes vs. Toluca: CONCACAF Champions League
- San Jose Earthquakes Acquire Benfica Midfielder Yannick Djalo
- Revs Waive DelPiccolo; Roster Stands at 27
- Inter President Denies Holding Talks with Chicharito
- Nearly Perfect Start for Galaxy, Result Aside
- USWNT Lose to Denmark 5-3 in Algarve Cup
- Real Salt Lake's Nick Rimando Named MLS Player of the Week
- Will Johnson Signs New Multi-Year Contract With Portland Timbers