Feb 22, 2014, 5:45 PM EDT
Crystal Palace fans have a strange way of offering congratulations, apparently, giving Wayne Rooney a little coin showering at Selhurst Park in the wake of news that the England international has just signed a new five-and-half year deal with Manchester United.
In all seriousness, it’s a needless thing to do, and the better supporters around South London are surely a bit ashamed of their naughty brothers.
No matter, Manchester United boss David Moyes said. He doesn’t seem to think the incident will affect Rooney.
I would have thought all these supporters will be cheering for him in three months. It happens. He’s a top player and anything he earns is down to him. …I don’t think it bothered Wayne.”
- Angel Di Maria wants to leave Real Madrid, rejects new contract 0
- Mario Balotelli edging closer to shock $26 million Liverpool switch 2
- Thursday’s Transfer Rumor Roundup: Tiote to Arsenal, Destro to Chelsea 0
- Angel Di Maria gets love from Ronaldo, Sergio Ramos and Diego Simeone 0
- Jozy Altidore is the happiest he’s ever been, says Gus Poyet 2
- Malky Mackay and Iain Moody investigated by FA for ‘sexist, racist and homophobic’ text messages while at Cardiff City 6