Feb 22, 2014, 5:45 PM EST
Crystal Palace fans have a strange way of offering congratulations, apparently, giving Wayne Rooney a little coin showering at Selhurst Park in the wake of news that the England international has just signed a new five-and-half year deal with Manchester United.
In all seriousness, it’s a needless thing to do, and the better supporters around South London are surely a bit ashamed of their naughty brothers.
No matter, Manchester United boss David Moyes said. He doesn’t seem to think the incident will affect Rooney.
I would have thought all these supporters will be cheering for him in three months. It happens. He’s a top player and anything he earns is down to him. …I don’t think it bothered Wayne.”
- Premier League Sunday preview: Loaded morning sees Tyne-Wear Derby and Liverpool vs. Arsenal 0
- Premier League roundup: Goals galore as Saints, Tottenham, QPR, Man City win 0
- WATCH: Match of the Day – Recap Saturday’s madness in the Premier League 0
- After “two points dropped” at Aston Villa, Wayne Rooney says media was driving title talk 0
- Southampton 3-0 Everton: Saints hammer Toffees to end slide 0
- Aston Villa 1-1 Manchester United: Falcao header equals Benteke’s stunner, 10-man Villans hang on for point 1