Feb 22, 2014, 5:45 PM EST
Crystal Palace fans have a strange way of offering congratulations, apparently, giving Wayne Rooney a little coin showering at Selhurst Park in the wake of news that the England international has just signed a new five-and-half year deal with Manchester United.
In all seriousness, it’s a needless thing to do, and the better supporters around South London are surely a bit ashamed of their naughty brothers.
No matter, Manchester United boss David Moyes said. He doesn’t seem to think the incident will affect Rooney.
I would have thought all these supporters will be cheering for him in three months. It happens. He’s a top player and anything he earns is down to him. …I don’t think it bothered Wayne.”
- MLS Week 1 preview: Sounders vs. Revs, Timbers vs. RSL headline First Kick weekend 0
- FA Cup preview: Wembley trips on the line as Man United, Arsenal, Liverpool shoot for semis 0
- Now that it’s happening, MLS’s 20th season is sure to be the best one yet 4
- 2015 MLS season preview: LA Galaxy 1
- 2015 MLS season preview: Portland Timbers 0
- PST predicts Major League Soccer’s 2015 standings; Do you agree? 9