Feb 22, 2014, 10:55 AM EST
Oh, to be a fly on the wall in the visitors locker room at the Emirates Stadium, where Sunderland is licking its massive wounds down 3-0 at the half.
Manager Gus Poyet will be furious as his squad has mounted very little challenge to the second-place Gunners, and Sunderland is poised to remain in the drop zone thanks to some nifty plays by Arsenal… and a massive gaffe from Santiago Vergini.
Vergini and his right side teammates were pressed by Arsenal, and he attempted a back pass to goalkeeper Vito Marrone. Problem: the path of Olivier Giroud was between the two, as the Frenchman darted to intercept the pass and easily slot home.
- Premier League transfer needs: What’s been done and what’s left to do by Monday? 1
- WATCH: Premier League TV schedule – Week 23 0
- Geoff Cameron predicts Super Bowl XLIX win for his New England Patriots 1
- Prince-Wright’s Premier League picks: Manchester City, Arsenal, Saints to win 0
- Premier League Preview: Chelsea vs. Manchester City 0
- Ban upheld: Diego Costa to miss Saturday’s visit from Manchester City, 2 more 3