Feb 22, 2014, 10:55 AM EDT
Oh, to be a fly on the wall in the visitors locker room at the Emirates Stadium, where Sunderland is licking its massive wounds down 3-0 at the half.
Manager Gus Poyet will be furious as his squad has mounted very little challenge to the second-place Gunners, and Sunderland is poised to remain in the drop zone thanks to some nifty plays by Arsenal… and a massive gaffe from Santiago Vergini.
Vergini and his right side teammates were pressed by Arsenal, and he attempted a back pass to goalkeeper Vito Marrone. Problem: the path of Olivier Giroud was between the two, as the Frenchman darted to intercept the pass and easily slot home.
- FIFA says World Cup will stay in Russia, “can achieve positive change” 1
- DaMarcus Beasley, introduced in Houston: I see myself as a left back 1
- Wenger talks Zelalem, gets taste of U.S. obsession for potential international 3
- EXCLUSIVE: Manchester United’s new signing Ander Herrera focused on success 2
- Serbian boss: Freddy Adu sought by Europa, UCL clubs in Serbia, Cyprus 0
- Frank Lampard delighted to sign for New York City FC, start MLS adventure 1