Feb 22, 2014, 10:55 AM EDT
Oh, to be a fly on the wall in the visitors locker room at the Emirates Stadium, where Sunderland is licking its massive wounds down 3-0 at the half.
Manager Gus Poyet will be furious as his squad has mounted very little challenge to the second-place Gunners, and Sunderland is poised to remain in the drop zone thanks to some nifty plays by Arsenal… and a massive gaffe from Santiago Vergini.
Vergini and his right side teammates were pressed by Arsenal, and he attempted a back pass to goalkeeper Vito Marrone. Problem: the path of Olivier Giroud was between the two, as the Frenchman darted to intercept the pass and easily slot home.
- Quick Six: Liverpool inches closer, Moyes’ reception, and the rest of the headlines from the BPL weekend 0
- WATCH: Blackpool coach sent off after hitting own player in face 0
- Report: Majority of Mexico’s World Cup roster slots are set 0
- Americans Abroad Review: Bedoya buries one, Boyd bags brace 1
- David Moyes vilified on return to Everton, as Manchester United nightmare continues 1
- Everton 2-0 Manchester United: Toffees rampant in miserable return for Moyes 1