Feb 22, 2014, 8:40 AM EST
Ozil is pointless in his last three PL matches and has just one assist since Dec. 14. This on the heels of a red-hot start to the season that saw him score four goals and add eight assists over his first 13 appearances in the Premier League.
The Gunners are saying it’s a “big bruise” his thigh and it comes after Ozil missed a critical penalty kick mid-week in Arsenal’s 2-0 loss to Bayern Munich in the first leg of their UEFA Champions League Round of 16 match.
Wenger also said Ozil may still be reeling from the miss.
Here’s Arsenal’s line-up for today’s match at the Emirates:
Arsenal: Szczesny, Sagna, Mertesacker, Koscielny, Monreal, Arteta, Rosicky, Wilshere, Cazorla, Podolski, Giroud.
Subs: Fabianski, Jenkinson, Flamini, Oxlade-Chamberlain, Gnabry, Sanogo, Bendtner
- MLS, union come together to avoid calamitous work stoppage 6
- Wednesday’s Premier League roundup: Chelsea, Man City win; six of top seven prevail 0
- Jose Mourinho says his Chelsea team “were brothers on the pitch” in crucial win 0
- West Ham United 0-1 Chelsea: Hazard’s header enough for league leaders (video) 0
- Queens Park Rangers 1-2 Arsenal: Red-hot Giroud helps Gunners to win (video) 0
- Newcastle United 0-1 Manchester United: Krul gaffe spoils Jonas return (video) 4