Feb 22, 2014, 8:40 AM EDT
Ozil is pointless in his last three PL matches and has just one assist since Dec. 14. This on the heels of a red-hot start to the season that saw him score four goals and add eight assists over his first 13 appearances in the Premier League.
The Gunners are saying it’s a “big bruise” his thigh and it comes after Ozil missed a critical penalty kick mid-week in Arsenal’s 2-0 loss to Bayern Munich in the first leg of their UEFA Champions League Round of 16 match.
Wenger also said Ozil may still be reeling from the miss.
Here’s Arsenal’s line-up for today’s match at the Emirates:
Arsenal: Szczesny, Sagna, Mertesacker, Koscielny, Monreal, Arteta, Rosicky, Wilshere, Cazorla, Podolski, Giroud.
Subs: Fabianski, Jenkinson, Flamini, Oxlade-Chamberlain, Gnabry, Sanogo, Bendtner
- DC United extends Ben Olsen’s contract after bounceback season 0
- Premier League Download: Tale of the newly-promoted teams 0
- FIFA Executive: “The 2022 World Cup in Qatar will not happen” 7
- Premier League Playback: Legendary Lampard strikes, United’s shambolic implosion 1
- Men in Blazers podcast: A Night of 1,000 Stars 0
- Report: Sami Khedira to seal $20 million Arsenal move in January 2