Feb 22, 2014, 8:40 AM EDT
Ozil is pointless in his last three PL matches and has just one assist since Dec. 14. This on the heels of a red-hot start to the season that saw him score four goals and add eight assists over his first 13 appearances in the Premier League.
The Gunners are saying it’s a “big bruise” his thigh and it comes after Ozil missed a critical penalty kick mid-week in Arsenal’s 2-0 loss to Bayern Munich in the first leg of their UEFA Champions League Round of 16 match.
Wenger also said Ozil may still be reeling from the miss.
Here’s Arsenal’s line-up for today’s match at the Emirates:
Arsenal: Szczesny, Sagna, Mertesacker, Koscielny, Monreal, Arteta, Rosicky, Wilshere, Cazorla, Podolski, Giroud.
Subs: Fabianski, Jenkinson, Flamini, Oxlade-Chamberlain, Gnabry, Sanogo, Bendtner
- MLS Atlanta urges David Beckham, Miami to share stadium with Dolphins 0
- Reality check: Outclassed by Real Madrid, what now for Liverpool? 0
- After winless October, USA drop out of top 20 in latest FIFA rankings 1
- PST’s MLS Rookie of the Year: Shipp, Hagglund, Akindele or Birnbaum? 0
- It’s official: World No. 3 Colombia to face USMNT in London on Nov. 14 0
- VIDEO: Top 10 goals of the MLS season (heading into the final weekend) 2