Feb 22, 2014, 8:40 AM EST
Ozil is pointless in his last three PL matches and has just one assist since Dec. 14. This on the heels of a red-hot start to the season that saw him score four goals and add eight assists over his first 13 appearances in the Premier League.
The Gunners are saying it’s a “big bruise” his thigh and it comes after Ozil missed a critical penalty kick mid-week in Arsenal’s 2-0 loss to Bayern Munich in the first leg of their UEFA Champions League Round of 16 match.
Wenger also said Ozil may still be reeling from the miss.
Here’s Arsenal’s line-up for today’s match at the Emirates:
Arsenal: Szczesny, Sagna, Mertesacker, Koscielny, Monreal, Arteta, Rosicky, Wilshere, Cazorla, Podolski, Giroud.
Subs: Fabianski, Jenkinson, Flamini, Oxlade-Chamberlain, Gnabry, Sanogo, Bendtner
- Africa Cup of Nations roundup: Atsu and Bony lead Ghana, Ivory Coast into semis 0
- Transfer Rumor Roundup: Spurs to snatch Laporte, Liverpool in for Reid 1
- Southampton 0-1 Swansea: Shelvey snatches win with sensational late strike 0
- Arsenal 5-0 Aston Villa: Gunners torch hapless Villa with deadly counters 0
- Diego Costa maintains his innocence, says “I’ve not done anything wrong” 4
- DONE DEAL: Seydou Doumbia to Roma headlines quiet Saturday for transfers 0