Feb 22, 2014, 8:40 AM EST
Ozil is pointless in his last three PL matches and has just one assist since Dec. 14. This on the heels of a red-hot start to the season that saw him score four goals and add eight assists over his first 13 appearances in the Premier League.
The Gunners are saying it’s a “big bruise” his thigh and it comes after Ozil missed a critical penalty kick mid-week in Arsenal’s 2-0 loss to Bayern Munich in the first leg of their UEFA Champions League Round of 16 match.
Wenger also said Ozil may still be reeling from the miss.
Here’s Arsenal’s line-up for today’s match at the Emirates:
Arsenal: Szczesny, Sagna, Mertesacker, Koscielny, Monreal, Arteta, Rosicky, Wilshere, Cazorla, Podolski, Giroud.
Subs: Fabianski, Jenkinson, Flamini, Oxlade-Chamberlain, Gnabry, Sanogo, Bendtner
- Arsene Wenger says Arsenal could spend big in January, if the deals are right 0
- Real Madrid outclass San Lorenzo, win 2014 Club World Cup 6
- Premier League Sunday preview: Loaded morning sees Tyne-Wear Derby and Liverpool vs. Arsenal 0
- Premier League roundup: Goals galore as Saints, Tottenham, QPR, Man City win 0
- WATCH: Match of the Day – Recap Saturday’s madness in the Premier League 0
- After “two points dropped” at Aston Villa, Wayne Rooney says media was driving title talk 0