Feb 22, 2014, 9:38 AM EDT
Two newly-promoted sides in very different situations battle head-to-head at Cardiff City Stadium at 10am ET live online at NBC Sports Live Extra.
Cardiff City are floundering in 19th position, scrapping for anything they can get to claw out of the relegation zone and prevent the drop in their first season back in the top flight.
Meanwhile, Steve Bruce and Hull City have surprised many, up in 13th and, barring a collapse down the stretch, look the most likely of the three new boys to beat the bounce.
Points are valuable in this one, and Hull City have gone with a very attacking lineup. After struggling with who to pick up front, Bruce has decided to toss both Shane Long and Nikica Jelavic out on the pitch at the same time for the third straight match.
Ole Gunnar Solskjaer and Cardiff City will be missing some key figures come kickoff. Gary Medel is out with an injury he picked up midweek, while Craig Bellamy misses the final of a three-match suspension.
A win could potentially climb Cardiff City out of the bottom three, depending on other simultaneous results.
Cardiff City – Marshall; Taylor, Caulker, Cala, Fabio; Zaha, Cowie, Eikrem, Noone; Campbell, Jones.
Bench – Lewis, Turner, Whittingham, Gunnarsson, Daehli, Berget, Jones.
Hull City – McGregor; Rosenoir, Figueroa, Bruce, Davies; Meyler, Huddlestone, Livermore, Elmohamady; Long, Jelavic.
Bench – Harper, Chester, Koren, Boyd, Sagbo, Aluko, Quinn.
- UEFA Champions League roundup: Bayern Munich, Chelsea, Shakhtar go goal crazy 0
- Chelsea 6-0 Maribor: Hazard brace keeps Blues atop Group G 0
- AS Roma 1-7 Bayern Munich: Sublime Bayern smash Roma to go five points clear in Group E 0
- LIVE – Champions League half time update: Blowouts! Get your blowouts here! 0
- FOLLOW LIVE: At the half, unstoppable Bayern Munich up 5-0 at Roma 0
- CSKA Moscow 2-2 Manchester City: Citizens blow 2-0 lead, Champions League hopes in ruin 0