Feb 22, 2014, 9:12 AM EDT
Manchester City host Stoke at the Etihad Stadium on Saturday (Watch live online, 10am ET via NBC Sports Live Extra) with the Citizens hoping to overcome their disappointing midweek defeat to Barcelona in the Champions League.
This is a match up between the team with the best home record, City, and the team with the worst away record, Stoke.
The Citizens have lost that incredible unbeaten run at home after the 1-0 defeat to Chelsea in their last home match, but Manuel Pellegrini’s team need a win to keep up the pressure on Chelsea and Arsenal ahead of them.
As for Stoke, their win over Manchester United has sparked a resurgence from Mark Hughes’ men, as they’ve drawn against Southampton and Swansea since and are now three games unbeaten.
Stoke City: Begovic, Cameron, Shawcross, Wilson, Pieters, Adam, Whelan, Walters, Odemwingie, Arnautovic, Crouch
- Americans Abroad Review: Boyd and Johannsson shine again 0
- WATCH: Saturday’s top 5 goals in Major League Soccer 0
- MLS roundup: Houston, Vancouver sit on top of their conferences after day one 0
- Rare bad night from Robbie Keane costs LA Galaxy against Real Salt Lake 1
- Atlantic crushed: D.C. United, New York open the season with three-goal losses 4
- Stoppage time goal gives Seattle 1-0 opening day win over Sporting Kansas City (video) 10
- Will Johnson: We Weren't all Quite at the Races
- Owners Legal Issues Have Caught Up to Queretaro
- Juventus Prove They Know how to Win Despite Weak Performance Against Fiore
- Liverpool is Ready to Spend $100 Million in Summer Transfers
- Dallas Manage 3-2 Win in Season Opener Against Impact
- Dynamo Shut Out the Revs as Bruin Scores a Pair
- Argentine Melodies Illuminate Rainy Night in Portland
- LA Galaxy Gift Real Salt Lake Three Points in Season Opener
- Berhalter Gets First Win as Columbus Downs D.C. United 3-0
- Colorado Rapids - 3 Hopes and One Fear