Feb 22, 2014, 9:27 AM EDT
Two of the Premier League’s hottest teams get tests of their form as Southampton travels to Upton Park for a Saturday clash with West Ham United (Watch live and online at 10am ET via NBC Sports Live Extra).
The Hammers haven’t lost in three matches and have points in their last four, and a win would give them welcome — and perhaps unexpected — breathing room in what’s been a season-long run to escape the clutches of the drop zone.
But the Saints are looking strong again, with points in their last six. Southampton has also won its last two road tests, at Fulham and Hull, by a combined score of 4-0.
West Ham have picked up just one win in its last eight match-ups with Southampton, though the Saints have a record of just 1W-1D-5L in recent matches at Upton Park.
West Ham: Adrian, Demel, Tomkins, Collins, McCartney, Nolan, Noble, Taylor, Downing, C.Cole, Jarvis
Subs: Jaaskelainen, Reid, Armero, Collison, Diame, J.Cole, Nocerino
Southampton: Boruc, Chambers, Fonte, Yoshida, Shaw, Cork, Schneiderlin, S. Davis, Lallana, Rodriguez, Lambert
Subs: K. Davis, Clyne, Lovren, Ramírez, Ward-Prowse, Guly, Gallagher
- What will Jurgen Klinsmann’s USMNT roster look like for 2015 Gold Cup? 1
- April Fools! The top gags that actually fooled soccer fans on this day 4
- PST’s Premier League award predictions: Here’s our Player of the Season 0
- PST’s Premier League award predictions: Here’s our Coach of the Season 0
- PST’s Premier League award predictions: Here’s our Team of the Season 3
- Who were biggest winners, losers from USMNT’s March friendlies? 3