Feb 23, 2014, 9:19 AM EST
It’s creeping towards halftime, and the goals have come flying in at Anfield, as Liverpool lead 3-2 before the break.
Unfortunately it wouldn’t last long, and Sturridge again would return Liverpool into the ascendancy.
Sturridge, with his pair of goals already, has 18 goals in his last 19 matches, including goals in his last eight matches – ten of them over that span.
While defending certainly hasn’t been at its finest, the goals have also been well worked. Shelvey’s was a stunner from well outside the box, clipping the bottom of the crossbar and cannoning over the line.
Henderson’s was also from a long way from the keeper, deciding to have a go at the top of the box and finding the top-left corner for his second strike of the season.
With the second half still to come, it looks like we may have a first-to-five affair on our hands at Anfield.
- Premier League Power Rankings: Arsenal, Everton rising, Saints falling 0
- Robbie Rogers: FIFA “insane” to host World Cups in Russia, Qatar 1
- Stoke City confirm Brek Shea is finalizing move to Orlando City 1
- Soccer stadium approved in Las Vegas, as MLS expansion talk heats up in Sin City 0
- Borussia Dortmund’s Marco Reus fined $665,000 for driving without a license 1
- Report: Houston Dynamo the front-runner to land Erick ‘Cubo’ Torres 3