Feb 23, 2014, 9:30 PM EDT
On Saturday, Chelsea outshot Everton 25-8, including 8-2 in shots on goal. For a good portion of the match, however, the Toffees looked just as capable of snaring a game-winning goal, even though John Terry eventually claimed that honor for Chelsea. Dominating the final portion of the match, the Blues were able to make their statistical edges look particularly dominant, even if the extent to which they controlled the actual match was more debatable.
That debate took place yesterday on NBCSN’s Match of the Day, where studio analysts Robbie Earle and Robbie Mustoe discussed the 1-0 win that kept José Mourinho’s team at the top of the table. Asked whether Chelsea deserved their victory, Earle said all results are earned at this time of the year yet declined to say the Blues where clearly better than their guests. For Mustoe, Chelsea needs to do more than they did on Saturday if they’re to claim another Premier League title.
- Chelsea confirms two-year AC Milan loan for striker Fernando Torres 4
- US men to face Honduras in October; USWNT name roster for Mexico 1
- WATCH: Premier League TV schedule – Week 3 0
- Premier League Preview: Burnley vs. Manchester United 1
- MLS Weekend Preview: Derbies close weekend kicking off off at Sporting Park 1
- Premier League Power Rankings: Familiar faces jostle for the top spot – Week 1 2