Feb 23, 2014, 9:30 PM EDT
On Saturday, Chelsea outshot Everton 25-8, including 8-2 in shots on goal. For a good portion of the match, however, the Toffees looked just as capable of snaring a game-winning goal, even though John Terry eventually claimed that honor for Chelsea. Dominating the final portion of the match, the Blues were able to make their statistical edges look particularly dominant, even if the extent to which they controlled the actual match was more debatable.
That debate took place yesterday on NBCSN’s Match of the Day, where studio analysts Robbie Earle and Robbie Mustoe discussed the 1-0 win that kept José Mourinho’s team at the top of the table. Asked whether Chelsea deserved their victory, Earle said all results are earned at this time of the year yet declined to say the Blues where clearly better than their guests. For Mustoe, Chelsea needs to do more than they did on Saturday if they’re to claim another Premier League title.
- Emotional Lampard just as shocked after pegging back ex-club Chelsea (VIDEO) 0
- Manchester City 1-1 Chelsea: Lampard shocks former club with late equalizer (video) 1
- Mario Balotelli mocks Manchester United on twitter 5
- Leicester City 5-3 Manchester United: Foxes complete comeback for the ages (video) 10
- MLS Roundup: Sounders, D.C. United slip; LA gains ground in the West 0
- Premier League Sunday preview: Man City vs. Chelsea; Everton, Spurs, Man United in action 0