Feb 23, 2014, 7:53 AM EDT
Swansea is the next on the list to run into the Liverpool buzzsaw, as they enter Anfield looking for any means necessary to steal points from Brendan Rodgers at 8:30am ET on NBCSN.
Rodgers was the former manager of Swansea, and therefore a former boss of now current Swans manager Garry Monk‘s.
Monk will need everything he can muster to beat his former boss, as Liverpool have taken 18 points from a possible 21 in their last seven Premier League matches. Things have clicked since Monk took over at Swansea though, with last week’s FA Cup defeat to Everton the first loss during his reign.
Swansea are relatively fit for the match, with just Michu still missing as his ankle continues to cause him problem.
The Reds are also mostly injury-free. Glen Johnson makes his return after being out a month with an ankle issue. Mamadou Sakho is nearing a return from a hamstring problem but is unable to make it back for today.
The visitors are hoping for some kind of an upset, as they currently sit with just a four-point cushion off the relegation zone in a crowded bottom half of the table. Liverpool, meanwhile, also have a lot to play for, with a chance to pull within just one of Manchester City in third.
Liverpool – Mignolet; Johnson, Flanagan, Skrtel, Agger; Gerrard, Henderson, Sterling, Coutinho; Suarez, Sturridge.
Bench – Jones, Teixeira, Toure, Moses, Allen, Aspas, Cissokho.
- Premier League Round 4: Goals of the week 0
- Hull City 2-2 West Ham United: Debut goals a-plenty in fun draw 0
- Americans Abroad wrap: Brek Shea assists in Birmingham debut (video) 0
- Champions League preview: How will the four Premier League teams get on? 0
- Watch live: Hull City vs. West Ham United (Lineups) 0
- Premier League Playback: Manchester United shine bright like a diamond 0