Feb 23, 2014, 10:59 AM EST
A struggling Norwich City will do all they can to hold down the home fort at Carrow Road against a surging Spurs at 11am ET on NBCSN or live online at NBC Sports Live Extra.
In the crowded bottom half of the table, Norwich City are just a single point from safety in 17th position in the table.
Chris Hughton is struggling with both points and injury. Johnny Howson makes his return from a back problem to make the bench, but Jonas Gutierrez, Ryan Bennett, Michael Turner, and Elliott Bennett are all out with injury.
Hughton will be fearful of his job if Norwich cannot get a result today, as he’s already been told the board is searching for a potential replacement.
For Tottenham Hotspur the prospects are much brighter. They look to keep pace with Liverpool in the chase for fourth place in the table, currently six back of the Reds after their win at Anfield earlier today.
Tim Sherwood has many players back who were rested midweek in the Europa League, including Hugo Lloris, Aaron Lennon, and Emmanuel Adebayor. Kyle Walker is still out however with a niggling injury, with Kyle Naughton deputizing at right-back
Norwich – Ruddy; Martin, Yobo, Bassong, Olsson; Tettey, Johnson; Snodgrass, Fer, Redmond; van Wolfswinkel.
Bench – Bunn, Whittaker, Howson, Hooper, Pilkington, Hoolahan, Elmander.
Tottenham – Lloris; Naughton, Dawson, Vertonghen, Rose; Capoue, Bentaleb, Dembele, Paulinho; Lennon, Adebayor.
Bench – Friedel, Fryers, Chadli, Eriksen, Townsend, Kane, Soldado.
- CONCACAF Champions League: D.C. United battered by Alajualense, 5-2 0
- Keller, Hejduk, Conrad headline 13 new eligibles for National Soccer HOF 0
- Europa League roundup: Tottenham, Liverpool out; Everton, La Liga sides advance 0
- Besiktas 1-0 (1-1) Liverpool: Arslan makes, Lovren misses final PK as Reds go out of Europe 7
- Fiorentina ousts Tottenham from the Europa League with 2-0 win at the Stadio Artemio Franchi 1
- Strike season? Real Salt Lake owner calls free agency “go nowhere conversation” 7