Feb 24, 2014, 12:45 PM EDT
It was another unpredictable weekend in the Barclays Premier League meaning choosing a Starting XI was anything but easy.
In goal, Norwich City’s John Ruddy gets the nod after the England international led his side to a crucial 1-0 victory over visitors Tottenham. In front of Ruddy is a three man defense consisting of Laurent Koscielny, John Terry and Patrice Evra.
Koscielny enjoyed a strong match against Bayern Munich in the Gunners mid-week loss and that effort was doubled on Saturday when the center-back held Sunderland to a single strike while heading home one of his own. The return of Terry from injury was a huge boost to Chelsea by scoring the match-winning goal against Everton and helping keep a clean sheet in a tightly fought match. Evra rounds out the group after the Frenchman improved on a lackluster season by going 90 strong in the 2-0 shutout of Crystal Palace.
It was Dejagah’s opener for Fulham that gave the Cottagers a share of the points while Livermore was also on-target during Hull City’s 4-0 thrashing of Cardiff City. Snodgrass was an absolute menace in Norwich’s victory over Spurs on Sunday, getting in on multiple occasions and scoring the decisive goal. Liverpool’s Henderson proved a vital figure once again in the Reds attack, scoring twice to help his side defeat Swansea City 4-3.
- Premier League Sunday preview: Manchester United vs. Chelsea headlines 0
- Seattle 2-0 L.A. Galaxy: Pappa the hero again, Sounders win 1st Shield 2
- Premier League roundup: Arsenal, Saints win, Manchester City stunned (video) 0
- Real Madrid 3-1 Barcelona: Real win El Clasico, Suarez returns 3
- Sunderland 0-2 Arsenal: Sanchez seals win after horrendous defending (video) 0
- VIDEO: Russell Brand crashes Sam Allardyce’s presser with a huge kiss 2