Feb 24, 2014, 12:45 PM EST
It was another unpredictable weekend in the Barclays Premier League meaning choosing a Starting XI was anything but easy.
In goal, Norwich City’s John Ruddy gets the nod after the England international led his side to a crucial 1-0 victory over visitors Tottenham. In front of Ruddy is a three man defense consisting of Laurent Koscielny, John Terry and Patrice Evra.
Koscielny enjoyed a strong match against Bayern Munich in the Gunners mid-week loss and that effort was doubled on Saturday when the center-back held Sunderland to a single strike while heading home one of his own. The return of Terry from injury was a huge boost to Chelsea by scoring the match-winning goal against Everton and helping keep a clean sheet in a tightly fought match. Evra rounds out the group after the Frenchman improved on a lackluster season by going 90 strong in the 2-0 shutout of Crystal Palace.
It was Dejagah’s opener for Fulham that gave the Cottagers a share of the points while Livermore was also on-target during Hull City’s 4-0 thrashing of Cardiff City. Snodgrass was an absolute menace in Norwich’s victory over Spurs on Sunday, getting in on multiple occasions and scoring the decisive goal. Liverpool’s Henderson proved a vital figure once again in the Reds attack, scoring twice to help his side defeat Swansea City 4-3.
- Report: Chelsea join Manchester United in chase for Nathaniel Clyne 1
- CONCACAF Champions League: D.C. United battered by Alajualense, 5-2 1
- Keller, Hejduk, Conrad headline 13 new eligibles for National Soccer HOF 0
- Europa League roundup: Tottenham, Liverpool out; Everton, La Liga sides advance 0
- Besiktas 1-0 (1-1) Liverpool: Arslan makes, Lovren misses final PK as Reds go out of Europe 8
- Fiorentina ousts Tottenham from the Europa League with 2-0 win at the Stadio Artemio Franchi 1