Feb 24, 2014, 12:45 PM EDT
It was another unpredictable weekend in the Barclays Premier League meaning choosing a Starting XI was anything but easy.
In goal, Norwich City’s John Ruddy gets the nod after the England international led his side to a crucial 1-0 victory over visitors Tottenham. In front of Ruddy is a three man defense consisting of Laurent Koscielny, John Terry and Patrice Evra.
Koscielny enjoyed a strong match against Bayern Munich in the Gunners mid-week loss and that effort was doubled on Saturday when the center-back held Sunderland to a single strike while heading home one of his own. The return of Terry from injury was a huge boost to Chelsea by scoring the match-winning goal against Everton and helping keep a clean sheet in a tightly fought match. Evra rounds out the group after the Frenchman improved on a lackluster season by going 90 strong in the 2-0 shutout of Crystal Palace.
It was Dejagah’s opener for Fulham that gave the Cottagers a share of the points while Livermore was also on-target during Hull City’s 4-0 thrashing of Cardiff City. Snodgrass was an absolute menace in Norwich’s victory over Spurs on Sunday, getting in on multiple occasions and scoring the decisive goal. Liverpool’s Henderson proved a vital figure once again in the Reds attack, scoring twice to help his side defeat Swansea City 4-3.
- Alan Pardew handed hefty ban, fined for headbutt 1
- Preview: Atlético Madrid back on track before Champions League visit from goal-shy Milan 0
- Preview: Bayern Munich on guard ahead of Arsenal’s Champions League visit 0
- Third time’s the harm: Fan violence forces abandonment of Trabzonspor’s match with Fenerbahce 2
- If you had Pepe Reina in your “European star rumored for MLS” pool today, you win! 1
- US women lose second straight for first time since 2001 after ugly 5-3 defeat to Denmark 4
- Sporting KC's Television Network Expands
- American Investment Firm Buying Up Man United Stock
- Earthquakes vs. Toluca: CONCACAF Champions League
- San Jose Earthquakes Acquire Benfica Midfielder Yannick Djalo
- Revs Waive DelPiccolo; Roster Stands at 27
- Inter President Denies Holding Talks with Chicharito
- Nearly Perfect Start for Galaxy, Result Aside
- USWNT Lose to Denmark 5-3 in Algarve Cup
- Real Salt Lake's Nick Rimando Named MLS Player of the Week
- Will Johnson Signs New Multi-Year Contract With Portland Timbers