Feb 28, 2014, 10:12 PM EST
Set to be the youngest player at the World Cup in Brazil this summer, 17-year-old Alen Halilovic has hit it big on the club level as well.
The Catalans reportedly beat the likes of Arsenal, Tottenham, and Manchester United to his signature.
Already the owner of three caps for Croatia, Halilovic is likely to make the squad for this summer’s World Cup.
Tottenham were nearly the recipients of his signature last summer, but he decided at the last moment to stay with his club Dinamo Zagreb for another year to increase his reputation, at the request of his father.
A natural right winger, Halilovic has already played in both the Champions League and Europa League this season with Zagreb, a tall feat for such a young player. He became the second-youngest player ever to appear in the Champions League when he came on as a substitute against Paris Saint-Germain in October of 2012.
It was his Instagram account where the transfer to Barcelona was first announced.
Here’s a pair of goals he scored earlier this year in the Croatian 1. HNL:
- VIDEO: PST Extra examines two huge top four showdowns in Premier League 0
- Huge blow for Arsenal as Jack Wilshere is out for three months 0
- Bob Bradley talks Stabaek, job offers, offseason plans and more 0
- USA drop five places in latest FIFA world rankings; England on the up 1
- Despite their struggles, Liverpool’s season intact as spirit shines through 4
- Champions League roundup: Arsenal, Atletico Madrid through, tense elsewhere 3