Mar 1, 2014, 1:11 PM EDT
Chelsea dispatched Fulham 3-1 at Craven Cottage on Saturday, as Jose Mourinho’s side went clear at the top of the standings
But Mourinho, once again, has played down Chelsea’s title chances as he aims to easy any pressure on his side. Coming off the back of a long midweek trip to Galatasaray in the UEFA Champions League, Chelsea looked sluggish in the first half but Mourinho praised his side for a terrific second half display.
“The second half was one of the best performances of the season. We moved the ball around well. If I could’ve made 11 changes, I might have done, but I could only make three – so I did nothing. Schurrle is cold in front of the goal. We have have four points more than Arsenal. The gap to Man City is a fake advantage. If they win their games in hand, they’re top of the league. We’re behind them.”
So Mourinho is up to his old tricks again as he believes City will surge to the top of the standings when they play their games in hand. In the first half Chelsea didn’t look like title contenders but they came surging back after the interval. Afterwards Mourinho was asked what changes he made or what eh said to his time to change the outcome of the match.
The eccentric 51-year-old boss gave the following answer.
“At half-time, I told them nothing – nothing – not a word. I walked in, then I walked out,” Mourinho said.” I don’t know if anyone else gave a team talk. I was not inside the dressing room. The second half was a great reaction to the worst performance of the season.”
- Manchester City host #AskJesus (Navas) Twitter chat, hilarious comments ensue 0
- VIDEO: Mario Balotelli takes amazing selfie with two pitch invaders 0
- Teams confirm Dejan Lovren completes transfer from Southampton to Liverpool 0
- Loïc Rémy fails medical, move to Liverpool is off 5
- Ángel Di María approaching Paris Saint-Germain move 0
- Personal terms all that separates Griezmann from $40 million move to Atlético Madrid 0