Mar 2, 2014, 4:35 PM EDT
Vincent Kompany was just celebrating his club’s League Cup title when the trophy came apart in his hands.
Moments after manning the back for Manchester City in their 3-1 triumph over Sunderland, the Man City captain was given the League Cup trophy. Supporting the trophy with both hands, he hoisted it skyward but let his bottom hand fall away from the base.
And apparently they don’t make glue like they used to, and the base went crashing to the ground.
Hopefully no one’s too hard on Kompany. For one thing, he didn’t DROP IT UNDER A BUS:
- Jose Mourinho issues Chelsea injury update; believes Arsenal can win Premier League 0
- After 12-year absence, Southampton wholeheartedly embrace European return 1
- Theo Walcott signs lucrative four-year contract at Arsenal; Cazorla extends 0
- Thursday’s Transfer Rumor Roundup: Lambert to West Brom, Balotelli back to Italy 3
- Premier League 2015-16 season preview: Manchester United 6
- MLS All Stars 2-1 Tottenham Hotspur: Kaka powers MLS to win 6