Mar 2, 2014, 4:35 PM EST
Vincent Kompany was just celebrating his club’s League Cup title when the trophy came apart in his hands.
Moments after manning the back for Manchester City in their 3-1 triumph over Sunderland, the Man City captain was given the League Cup trophy. Supporting the trophy with both hands, he hoisted it skyward but let his bottom hand fall away from the base.
And apparently they don’t make glue like they used to, and the base went crashing to the ground.
Hopefully no one’s too hard on Kompany. For one thing, he didn’t DROP IT UNDER A BUS:
- CONCACAF Champions League: D.C. United battered by Alajualense, 5-2 0
- Keller, Hejduk, Conrad headline 13 new eligibles for National Soccer HOF 0
- Europa League roundup: Tottenham, Liverpool out; Everton, La Liga sides advance 0
- Besiktas 1-0 (1-1) Liverpool: Arslan makes, Lovren misses final PK as Reds go out of Europe 7
- Fiorentina ousts Tottenham from the Europa League with 2-0 win at the Stadio Artemio Franchi 1
- Strike season? Real Salt Lake owner calls free agency “go nowhere conversation” 7