Mar 2, 2014, 4:35 PM EST
Vincent Kompany was just celebrating his club’s League Cup title when the trophy came apart in his hands.
Moments after manning the back for Manchester City in their 3-1 triumph over Sunderland, the Man City captain was given the League Cup trophy. Supporting the trophy with both hands, he hoisted it skyward but let his bottom hand fall away from the base.
And apparently they don’t make glue like they used to, and the base went crashing to the ground.
Hopefully no one’s too hard on Kompany. For one thing, he didn’t DROP IT UNDER A BUS:
- Arsene Wenger says Arsenal could spend big in January, if the deals are right 0
- Real Madrid outclass San Lorenzo, win 2014 Club World Cup 6
- Premier League Sunday preview: Loaded morning sees Tyne-Wear Derby and Liverpool vs. Arsenal 0
- Premier League roundup: Goals galore as Saints, Tottenham, QPR, Man City win 0
- WATCH: Match of the Day – Recap Saturday’s madness in the Premier League 0
- After “two points dropped” at Aston Villa, Wayne Rooney says media was driving title talk 0