Mar 2, 2014, 4:35 PM EDT
Vincent Kompany was just celebrating his club’s League Cup title when the trophy came apart in his hands.
Moments after manning the back for Manchester City in their 3-1 triumph over Sunderland, the Man City captain was given the League Cup trophy. Supporting the trophy with both hands, he hoisted it skyward but let his bottom hand fall away from the base.
And apparently they don’t make glue like they used to, and the base went crashing to the ground.
Hopefully no one’s too hard on Kompany. For one thing, he didn’t DROP IT UNDER A BUS:
- Europe League roundup: Everton big winners at home; Spurs left with draw on the road 0
- It’s not too late for Major League Soccer to turn away from its new logo 14
- Premier League Power Rankings: Red Devils and Villans on the up 0
- PHOTO: MLS unveils new logo. What do you think? 22
- US move up one place in latest FIFA rankings; Wales the big winners 0
- Julian Draxler’s stunning performance puts Chelsea, Premier League on high alert 1