Mar 2, 2014, 4:35 PM EST
Vincent Kompany was just celebrating his club’s League Cup title when the trophy came apart in his hands.
Moments after manning the back for Manchester City in their 3-1 triumph over Sunderland, the Man City captain was given the League Cup trophy. Supporting the trophy with both hands, he hoisted it skyward but let his bottom hand fall away from the base.
And apparently they don’t make glue like they used to, and the base went crashing to the ground.
Hopefully no one’s too hard on Kompany. For one thing, he didn’t DROP IT UNDER A BUS:
- MLS Cup Playoffs Preview: Red Bulls vs. Revolution, Galaxy vs. Sounders in Conference Championship first legs 0
- WATCH: Premier League TV schedule – Week 12 0
- Prince-Wright’s Premier League picks: Chelsea, Everton, Manchester City 0
- These deserving nominees are the biggest snubs of MLS Award season 4
- Former Man Utd teammates Welbeck, Rooney prepares for “weird” match as Arsenal hosts Red Devils 0
- What to expect as USA, Premier League star Geoff Cameron joins ProSoccerTalk 1