Mar 2, 2014, 8:59 PM EST
There was a terrifying moment in Sunday’s version of the Athens derby between Olympiacos and Panathinaikos when a player collapsed to the pitch and had to be taken off via stretcher.
Olympiacos striker Michael Olaitan was making a run away from the play when he lost consciousness and collapsed to the ground. He was tended to for several minutes, eventually regaining consciousness before being taken to the hospital.
The BBC reports that Olaitan’s condition is listed as stable. He has played for the Nigeria U-20 team and featured for Olympiacos in the UEFA Champions League clash against Manchester United last week.
The match was scoreless when Olaitan collapsed, but Panathinaikos went on to collect three goals in a shutout win. Olympiacos remains atop the Greek Super League table by 20 points over second-place PAOK Salonika.
- Premier League roundup: Big wins for Manchester United, Liverpool, Tottenham and more 0
- Three things we learned from Chelsea vs. Manchester City 0
- Player Ratings: How did Chelsea, Manchester City’s stand-in’s fare? 0
- Chelsea 1-1 Manchester City: Blues maintain five-point lead atop table 1
- Manchester United 3-1 Leicester City: Red Devils up to third 0
- Liverpool 2-0 West Ham United: Coutinho shines, Sturridge scores in return 1