Mar 2, 2014, 9:36 AM EDT
**BICYCLE KICK ALERT**
Albanian striker Hamdi Salihi, a journeyman among his 12-year career, defied age this morning with an unbelievable goal.
Playing for Hapoel Acre FC in the Israeli Premier League, Salihi latched onto a long cross from the touchline and blasted a bicycle kick into the top corner, securing a 1-1 draw against Hapoel Tel Aviv.
Salihi spent one year at DC United in the 2012 Major League Soccer season, often coming off the bench as an impact striker. Salihi bagged six goals in 22 appearances that regular season, and made 2 cameos in DC United’s run to the playoff semis.
This is not the first time Salihi’s gone for the flashy finish. As you can see in the picture, he’s attempted a bicycle kick on international duty for Albania before, and he even scored one back in 2011 against Montenegro, although it was more awkward-looking the first time around.
Here is the video evidence in all its glory, ridiculous techno music and all:
- Paul Scholes says arrogance could hurt Manchester City 0
- MLS playoffs weekend preview: Which remaining team has the best form? 0
- Van Gaal: Manchester Derby is “biggest” he’ll manage; Rooney in, Falcao out 1
- WATCH: Premier League TV schedule – Week 10 4
- Diego Costa will be available to Chelsea this weekend, says Jose Mourinho; QPR and Blues to tangle on NBCSN 0
- Prince-Wright’s Premier League picks: Chelsea, Arsenal, Everton the standouts 1