Mar 2, 2014, 10:39 AM EST
Since leaving Carrow Road in 2012, Paul Lambert has given his former club fits.
The 44-year-old is unbeaten against Norwich since that time, winning three and drawing one as he looks to put some space between Villa and the relegation zone live online at NBC Sports Live Extra.
No surprises in the Villa lineup, as both Christian Benteke and Gabriel Agbonlahor begin partnered together. It will likely be the latter feeding the former, as Agbonlahor has enjoyed a revival campaign after a tough season a year ago.
Despite a good few weeks, Marc Albrighton still can’t crack the starting lineup, with Lambert’s teamsheet nearly entirely unchanged from their 1-0 loss to Newcastle week ago.
The visitors are also looking to put some distance behind them on the relegation battle, but news is not as bright on the injury front. Jonas Gutierrez and Leroy Fer are both out, as are longer-term absentees Michael Turner and Elliott Bennett.
Chris Hughton, who may have saved his job last week with a stunning 1-0 win over Tottenham, has selected Gary Hooper at the head of his attack instead of Ricky van Wolfswinkel, who worked incredibly hard in the win a week ago despite not finding the back of the net.
Norwich confirmed that van Wolfswinkel picked up a knee injury in that match, and therefore not in the 18-man squad today.
Aston Villa – Guzan; Bacuna, Vlaar, Baker, Bertrand; Westwood, Delph, El Ahmadi, Weimann; Benteke, Agbonlahor.
Bench – Steer, Sylla, Holt, Clark, Albrighton, Bennett, Robinson.
Norwich City – Ruddy; Martin, Yobo, Bassong, Olsson; Tettey, Johnson; Snodgrass, Hoolahan, Redmond; Hooper.
Bench – Bunn, Whittaker, Howson, Pilkington, Elmander, Becchio, R Bennett.
- West Ham United 1-3 Crystal Palace: Eagles win fiery London derby 1
- Watch Live: Manchester United vs. Sunderland (Lineups and Live Stream) 0
- WATCH: Premier League live online via NBC Sports Live Extra – Week 27 0
- Odell Beckham Jr. appears on TV show in England, reveals former dream was to be a pro soccer player 0
- Prince-Wright’s Premier League picks: Everton, Man United, Man City, Stoke 0
- Watching a UEFA Champions League game with US star Geoff Cameron 1