Mar 2, 2014, 11:31 AM EDT
Tottenham look to put last week’s stumble against Norwich City behind them as they look to get back on track at home.
They’ll host relegation-threatened Cardiff City from White Hart Lane at 11:30am ET on NBCSN and live online at NBC Sports Live Extra.
Unfortunately, Tim Sherwood will be without the midweek Man of the Match Christian Eriksen, who performed so well in the Europa League in the comeback against Dnipro but picked up a back injury.
Otherwise, it’s business as usual for Spurs, with Paulinho replacing Sandro in the midfield from the midweek lineup. 21-year-old Zeki Fryers gets his second Premier League start of the season at left-back with the club thin at the position.
That midweek comeback could energize the squad, and help Emmanuel Adebayor
For Cardiff City, Manchester United loanee Wilfried Zaha rides the bench, while Craig Bellamy returns to the lineup looking to put his scoring woes behind him. Bellamy has just a single goal on the year.
Tottenham – Lloris; Naughton, Dawson, Vertonghen, Fryers; Lennon, Dembele, Paulinho, Townsend; Adebayor, Soldado.
Bench – Friedel, Veljkovic, Bentaleb, Chadli, Sandro, Sigurdsson, Kane.
- Serbian boss: Freddy Adu sought by Europa, UCL clubs in Serbia, Cyprus 0
- Frank Lampard delighted to sign for New York City FC, start MLS adventure 0
- Official: Frank Lampard unveiled as New York City FC’s latest signing 3
- Sporting Club announces plans for $75 million “soccer village” for US Soccer National Training Center 6
- “Embarrassed” in LA, thrilled in Manchester: Reactions to 7-0 beatdown 21
- Liverpool 0-1 AS Roma: Marco Borriello winner gives Italians victory at Fenway 0