Mar 3, 2014, 8:21 PM EDT
The Stoke man was part of his team’s 1-0 defeat of the Gunners, and the foul was not seen during the game. Video has surfaced of the incident, however, which has the FA looking into the matter.
Stoke released a statement of surprise:
“Charlie and the club are surprised and disappointed to learn of this and will appeal vigorously against the decision.”
There’s a Zapruder-like film making its way around the Internet that would not seem to favor any claims of innocence. Perhaps worse: it may be the second most egregious stamp a Stoke player put on Giroud during the match, as Glenn Whelan put his foot squarely on a down Giroud’s leg.
- Swansea City 2-1 Manchester United: Swans comeback stuns Red Devils 3
- Sunday Transfer Rumor Roundup: Draxler to Wolfsburg, Wanyama to leave Saints 1
- Manchester City officially signs Kevin de Bruyne 1
- Watch Live: Swansea City vs Manchester United (Lineups and Live Stream) 0
- Premier League Sunday preview: Man United looking for revenge vs. Swansea City 1
- Premier League roundup: Chelsea, Liverpool suffer stunning home defeats 0