Mar 3, 2014, 8:21 PM EST
The Stoke man was part of his team’s 1-0 defeat of the Gunners, and the foul was not seen during the game. Video has surfaced of the incident, however, which has the FA looking into the matter.
Stoke released a statement of surprise:
“Charlie and the club are surprised and disappointed to learn of this and will appeal vigorously against the decision.”
There’s a Zapruder-like film making its way around the Internet that would not seem to favor any claims of innocence. Perhaps worse: it may be the second most egregious stamp a Stoke player put on Giroud during the match, as Glenn Whelan put his foot squarely on a down Giroud’s leg.
- Liverpool 2-2 Arsenal: Wounded Skrtel turns away Gunners at the death (video) 1
- Arsene Wenger says Arsenal could spend big in January, if the deals are right 0
- Real Madrid outclass San Lorenzo, win 2014 Club World Cup 6
- Premier League Sunday preview: Loaded morning sees Tyne-Wear Derby and Liverpool vs. Arsenal 0
- Premier League roundup: Goals galore as Saints, Tottenham, QPR, Man City win 0
- WATCH: Match of the Day – Recap Saturday’s madness in the Premier League 0