Mar 3, 2014, 9:47 AM EDT
Nike has officially unveiled the United States Men’s National Team jersey for the 2014 World Cup.
The jersey has a classic look – a white body and sleeves with gray horizontal pinstripes across the body and sleeves, as well as a white collar with a red trim. Complimenting the body is the US Soccer patch on the left and the Nike ensignia on the right, while the original 13 stars of the American Flag located have been cleverly placed inside the back of the neck.
“The new kit clearly showcases the USA’s national pride and distinct sense of style, while also capturing the nation’s eternal optimism,” said Martin Lotti, Creative Director for Nike Soccer.
On the back of the jersey is a specially designed font for names and numbers, while each number on the back also contains a small U.S. Soccer crest at the bottom.
Clint Dempsey summed up his feelings on the jersey:
It’s always an honor to wear the colors of your country, and this summer we will be hard to miss in an all-white look. We will be traveling all over Brazil and playing in a lot of different conditions, so the innovative Nike designs will serve us well.
- Premier League Sunday Preview: Tottenham host Liverpool, Arsenal face Leicester 0
- Revolution feeling a Jermaine Jones boost after unloading on Toronto 0
- Reports: Julian Green to be loaned from Bayern Munich to Hamburg 0
- Xabi Alonso debuts as Bayern Munich held at Schalke 0
- Premier League Saturday Roundup: Chelsea win classic; Stoke stun Man City 0
- Everton 3-6 Chelsea: Blues prevail in sensational nine-goal thriller (video) 1