Mar 3, 2014, 9:47 AM EST
Nike has officially unveiled the United States Men’s National Team jersey for the 2014 World Cup.
The jersey has a classic look – a white body and sleeves with gray horizontal pinstripes across the body and sleeves, as well as a white collar with a red trim. Complimenting the body is the US Soccer patch on the left and the Nike ensignia on the right, while the original 13 stars of the American Flag located have been cleverly placed inside the back of the neck.
“The new kit clearly showcases the USA’s national pride and distinct sense of style, while also capturing the nation’s eternal optimism,” said Martin Lotti, Creative Director for Nike Soccer.
On the back of the jersey is a specially designed font for names and numbers, while each number on the back also contains a small U.S. Soccer crest at the bottom.
Clint Dempsey summed up his feelings on the jersey:
It’s always an honor to wear the colors of your country, and this summer we will be hard to miss in an all-white look. We will be traveling all over Brazil and playing in a lot of different conditions, so the innovative Nike designs will serve us well.
- LIVE – Champions League: Arsenal host Dortmund, Liverpool face Ludogorets 0
- Men in Blazers podcast: Kyle Martino joins to talk Thanksgiving and tie knots 0
- Champions League Wednesday preview: Arsenal can advance, Liverpool need kick-start 1
- Jose Mourinho to Schalke after Chelsea’s 5-0 win: “It’s not your fault” 0
- Bob Bradley’s talks with a Swedish club have broken down; Staying at Stabaek? 0
- UEFA Champions League roundup: Chelsea win group, Man City’s late show, classy PSG 0