Mar 3, 2014, 9:06 PM EDT
Alert: if you scroll down, you’ll catch a glimpse of a chest-wide wound.
Studs-up tackles deserve to be a thing of the past, and Aston Villa’s Nathan Baker will be wearing the proof across his trunk for a while.
Baker was the victim of a horrific tackle from Norwich City’s Alexander Tettey (pictured above) during Villa’s 4-1 defeat of the Canaries, with Tettey picking up a yellow card for the foul.
What’s worse? Baker wasn’t even sliding or on the ground. The 22-year-old defender posted this photo to Instagram before later taking it down.
Obviously the picture amplifies the sentiment, but how in the world can a tackle that high not see red? Ugh.
- Watch Live: Chicago Fire at San Jose Earthquakes (Lineups and Discuss) 0
- Liverpool 0-1 AS Roma: Marco Borriello winner gives Italians victory at Fenway 0
- Houston Dynamo land USMNT legend DaMarcus Beasley 0
- Watch Live: Liverpool vs. AS Roma (Lineups and Discuss) 1
- USMNT prospect Gedion Zelalem on Arsenal’s roster for Red Bulls match 4
- Stripping Russia of World Cup 2018? Germany makes the argument 7