Mar 3, 2014, 9:06 PM EDT
Alert: if you scroll down, you’ll catch a glimpse of a chest-wide wound.
Studs-up tackles deserve to be a thing of the past, and Aston Villa’s Nathan Baker will be wearing the proof across his trunk for a while.
Baker was the victim of a horrific tackle from Norwich City’s Alexander Tettey (pictured above) during Villa’s 4-1 defeat of the Canaries, with Tettey picking up a yellow card for the foul.
What’s worse? Baker wasn’t even sliding or on the ground. The 22-year-old defender posted this photo to Instagram before later taking it down.
Obviously the picture amplifies the sentiment, but how in the world can a tackle that high not see red? Ugh.
- VIDEO: Top 10 goals of the MLS season (heading into the final weekend) 2
- UEFA Champions League roundup: Madrid clubs, Borussia Dortmund roll 0
- Three things we learned as Real Madrid rout Liverpool 0
- Arsenal’s Podolski, Gibbs break Belgian hearts in left-for-late win 0
- Liverpool 0-3 Real Madrid: Reigning champions roll Reds aside with ease 0
- Setting the scene at Anfield, as Liverpool host Real Madrid in UEFA Champions League 0