Mar 3, 2014, 9:06 PM EDT
Alert: if you scroll down, you’ll catch a glimpse of a chest-wide wound.
Studs-up tackles deserve to be a thing of the past, and Aston Villa’s Nathan Baker will be wearing the proof across his trunk for a while.
Baker was the victim of a horrific tackle from Norwich City’s Alexander Tettey (pictured above) during Villa’s 4-1 defeat of the Canaries, with Tettey picking up a yellow card for the foul.
What’s worse? Baker wasn’t even sliding or on the ground. The 22-year-old defender posted this photo to Instagram before later taking it down.
Obviously the picture amplifies the sentiment, but how in the world can a tackle that high not see red? Ugh.
- PST Extra: Who are the Premier League’s top offseason acquisitions so far? (video) 0
- Premier League defenders: Who’s in our Top Five? And how to choose just five? 4
- Maps, rivals, stadiums: Location of all 20 Premier League teams for 2015-16 season 4
- On his way out of PSG, should Arsenal or Manchester United sign Zlatan Ibrahimovic? 1
- Tuesday’s Transfer Rumor Roundup: Rose to Chelsea, Traore to Liverpool 1
- AZ Alkmaar agree to sell USMNT forward Aron Johannsson to Werder Bremen 3