Mar 3, 2014, 9:06 PM EDT
Alert: if you scroll down, you’ll catch a glimpse of a chest-wide wound.
Studs-up tackles deserve to be a thing of the past, and Aston Villa’s Nathan Baker will be wearing the proof across his trunk for a while.
Baker was the victim of a horrific tackle from Norwich City’s Alexander Tettey (pictured above) during Villa’s 4-1 defeat of the Canaries, with Tettey picking up a yellow card for the foul.
What’s worse? Baker wasn’t even sliding or on the ground. The 22-year-old defender posted this photo to Instagram before later taking it down.
Obviously the picture amplifies the sentiment, but how in the world can a tackle that high not see red? Ugh.
- Klinsmann confirms Brad Guzan will start Confederations Cup playoff in goal 0
- Full list of every transfer made by Premier League clubs during the Summer Transfer Window 0
- Manchester United fires back on De Gea saga, laying blame at feet of Real Madrid 1
- GRADES: How did each Premier League team fare in the Summer Transfer Window? 7
- Manchester United confirm $55 million signing of teenage striker Anthony Martial 0
- Deadline Day transfer rumor roundup: Hector to Chelsea, Berahino to Tottenham 0