Mar 3, 2014, 8:40 AM EDT
Few players do free-kicks better than Lionel Messi and yesterday he proved it yet again with a stunning left-footed curler into the top corner to help Barcelona defeat Almeria 4-1.
The swerving bullet came in the 24th minute, cleared the jumping wall, dinked the upper corner of the goal and left goalkeeper Esteban treading air. The moment sent the Camp Nou into a frenzy but thankfully more than a few fans were able to hold their edge while keeping their cell phone video rolling.
With the three points in hand Barcelona sit 2nd in the La Liga table, one point adrift of leaders Real Madrid.
- Portland Timbers out of CONCACAF CL after loss in Honduras 0
- Tuesday’s Top 5 Champions League Goals: Which was the best? 0
- A Klinsmann Casualty? Juan Agudelo passed on by Wolverhampton 7
- Steven Gerrard admits he denied move to Real Madrid and that it may haunt him in the future 1
- UEFA Champions League roundup: Bayern, Chelsea, Shakhtar go crazy on 40-goal night 0
- Chelsea 6-0 Maribor: Hazard brace keeps Blues atop Group G 0