Mar 3, 2014, 8:40 AM EDT
Few players do free-kicks better than Lionel Messi and yesterday he proved it yet again with a stunning left-footed curler into the top corner to help Barcelona defeat Almeria 4-1.
The swerving bullet came in the 24th minute, cleared the jumping wall, dinked the upper corner of the goal and left goalkeeper Esteban treading air. The moment sent the Camp Nou into a frenzy but thankfully more than a few fans were able to hold their edge while keeping their cell phone video rolling.
With the three points in hand Barcelona sit 2nd in the La Liga table, one point adrift of leaders Real Madrid.
- Julian Draxler’s stunning performance puts Chelsea, Premier League on high alert 0
- Yaya Toure’s lackluster display stands out as Manchester City struggle 1
- UEFA Champions League roundup: Roma, Porto win big; Chelsea, PSG slip up 0
- Chelsea 1-1 Schalke 04: Huntelaar secures point for the underdogs 0
- Bayern Munich 1-0 Manchester City: Last-gasp win for Bayern in Bavaria 1
- Men In Blazers podcast: A happy PL return, while Spencer Lanning talks ‘football’ 0