Mar 3, 2014, 8:40 AM EDT
Few players do free-kicks better than Lionel Messi and yesterday he proved it yet again with a stunning left-footed curler into the top corner to help Barcelona defeat Almeria 4-1.
The swerving bullet came in the 24th minute, cleared the jumping wall, dinked the upper corner of the goal and left goalkeeper Esteban treading air. The moment sent the Camp Nou into a frenzy but thankfully more than a few fans were able to hold their edge while keeping their cell phone video rolling.
With the three points in hand Barcelona sit 2nd in the La Liga table, one point adrift of leaders Real Madrid.
- PST’s Major League Soccer Player of the Week: LA Galaxy’s Landon Donovan 0
- What tomorrow’s goalkeeper platoon tells us about the U.S. goalkeeper void 3
- Jozy Altidore to captain U.S. Wednesday against Czech Republic 0
- With Radamel Falcao, can Manchester United challenge for the Premier League? 10
- Why Danny Welbeck’s move to Arsenal was the best Deadline Day deal 7
- EXCLUSIVE: Fresh off his club debut, young Emerson Hyndman takes his USMNT chance in stride 0