Mar 3, 2014, 8:40 AM EDT
Few players do free-kicks better than Lionel Messi and yesterday he proved it yet again with a stunning left-footed curler into the top corner to help Barcelona defeat Almeria 4-1.
The swerving bullet came in the 24th minute, cleared the jumping wall, dinked the upper corner of the goal and left goalkeeper Esteban treading air. The moment sent the Camp Nou into a frenzy but thankfully more than a few fans were able to hold their edge while keeping their cell phone video rolling.
With the three points in hand Barcelona sit 2nd in the La Liga table, one point adrift of leaders Real Madrid.
- 2014-15 Premier League season review: The managers 0
- Florentino Perez announces firing of Carlo Ancelotti by Real Madrid 0
- Middlesbrough 0-2 Norwich City: Comfortable Canaries back in Premier League 0
- Ten biggest storylines of the Premier League season that was 0
- VIDEO: Premier League’s Top 10 goals of the season, from A(dam) to Z(amora) 0
- Premier League final day roundup: 2014-15 season finishes with a flourish 0