Mar 3, 2014, 8:40 AM EDT
Few players do free-kicks better than Lionel Messi and yesterday he proved it yet again with a stunning left-footed curler into the top corner to help Barcelona defeat Almeria 4-1.
The swerving bullet came in the 24th minute, cleared the jumping wall, dinked the upper corner of the goal and left goalkeeper Esteban treading air. The moment sent the Camp Nou into a frenzy but thankfully more than a few fans were able to hold their edge while keeping their cell phone video rolling.
With the three points in hand Barcelona sit 2nd in the La Liga table, one point adrift of leaders Real Madrid.
- MLS Snapshot: FC Dallas 2-1 Real Salt Lake 0
- MLS Weekend Preview: Trio of marque marquee matches begins Friday in Frisco 0
- Early Mandzukic goal sees Atlético defeat Real Madrid, claim Spanish Super Cup 1
- Robben dominance, Malanda miss give Bayern opening match win over Wolfsburg 0
- Prindi’s Premier League Picks: United to get it right, Arsenal to stumble 2
- Profile: The life and times of Mario Balotelli 0