Mar 3, 2014, 8:40 AM EDT
Few players do free-kicks better than Lionel Messi and yesterday he proved it yet again with a stunning left-footed curler into the top corner to help Barcelona defeat Almeria 4-1.
The swerving bullet came in the 24th minute, cleared the jumping wall, dinked the upper corner of the goal and left goalkeeper Esteban treading air. The moment sent the Camp Nou into a frenzy but thankfully more than a few fans were able to hold their edge while keeping their cell phone video rolling.
With the three points in hand Barcelona sit 2nd in the La Liga table, one point adrift of leaders Real Madrid.
- Wolfsburg sporting director: “De Bruyne is off to Manchester City” 0
- Report: Manchester United planning massive $112 million bid for Arjen Robben 5
- Prince-Wright’s Premier League picks: Home advantage for heavyweights – Week 4 2
- WATCH: NBC Sports’ Premier League TV schedule – Week 4 0
- Premier League Preview: Newcastle United vs. Arsenal 0
- Kevin de Bruyne deal moves closer after “astonishing” offer to join Manchester City 0