Mar 3, 2014, 8:40 AM EDT
Few players do free-kicks better than Lionel Messi and yesterday he proved it yet again with a stunning left-footed curler into the top corner to help Barcelona defeat Almeria 4-1.
The swerving bullet came in the 24th minute, cleared the jumping wall, dinked the upper corner of the goal and left goalkeeper Esteban treading air. The moment sent the Camp Nou into a frenzy but thankfully more than a few fans were able to hold their edge while keeping their cell phone video rolling.
With the three points in hand Barcelona sit 2nd in the La Liga table, one point adrift of leaders Real Madrid.
- VIDEO: Hugely-controversial call sees FC Dallas past Vancouver in playoffs. Your vote? 0
- Timbers’ Steve Zakuani announces retirement from professional soccer 1
- League Cup Roundup: Balotelli saves Liverpool, Newcastle defeat Manchester City 0
- Report: Spanish legend Raul signs with the New York Cosmos 0
- Kolorov: City have been better than United for ‘five or six years’ 0
- MLS Playoffs Knockout Round Preview: Win or go home 1