Mar 3, 2014, 8:40 AM EST
Few players do free-kicks better than Lionel Messi and yesterday he proved it yet again with a stunning left-footed curler into the top corner to help Barcelona defeat Almeria 4-1.
The swerving bullet came in the 24th minute, cleared the jumping wall, dinked the upper corner of the goal and left goalkeeper Esteban treading air. The moment sent the Camp Nou into a frenzy but thankfully more than a few fans were able to hold their edge while keeping their cell phone video rolling.
With the three points in hand Barcelona sit 2nd in the La Liga table, one point adrift of leaders Real Madrid.
- Manchester City 3-0 Crystal Palace: Citizens level with Chelsea, play without a striker 0
- Watch Live: Aston Villa vs. Manchester United (Lineups and Live Stream) 0
- Raheem Sterling named best young player in Europe, wins ‘Golden Boy’ award 0
- WATCH: Premier League online via NBC Sports Live Extra – Week 17 0
- MLS announces home openers for 2015 season 2
- Mourinho says Eden Hazard can become an all-time great 2