Mar 6, 2014, 8:55 AM EDT
Following Brazil’s 5-0 victory over South Africa on Wednesday, a seven-year-old child ran onto the pitch from the stands as he tried to get closer to the Brazilian national team.
Held back by security guards and about to be escorted away, the young child looked longingly towards superstar Neymar, who scored a hat trick in the game, and what happened next shocked everyone.
The FC Barcelona star walked over and grabbed the youngster, held him in his arms and walked him over to meet the rest of the Brazil side. The youngster had a beaming smile on his face as he posed for pictures with Neymar and the rest of the Brazilian national team, with David Luiz taking up the role of photographer.
It really was one of those moments which shows that despite their superstar status, soccer players are still humans too.
Good on you, Brazil. The unidentified child from South Africa will never forget the night he wandered onto the pitch in Johannesburg and was treated like a star by his heroes.
- Houston Dynamo land USMNT legend DaMarcus Beasley 0
- Watch Live: Liverpool vs. AS Roma (Lineups and Discuss) 1
- USMNT prospect Gedion Zelalem on Arsenal’s roster for Red Bulls match 4
- Stripping Russia of World Cup 2018? Germany makes the argument 6
- New York City FC to announce “major signing” on Thursday… Frank Lampard? 7
- PHOTOS: What if your college was a professional soccer team? They could look like this 7