Mar 7, 2014, 5:57 PM EDT
On the eve of the Major League Soccer season, we’ve been having a little fun over at ProSoccerTalk.
Amongst the plethora of top quality of season previews we’ve been churning out — you can find them all here at PST Preview central — we took some time to predict how the MLS standings will look after the final games of the regular season have been played.
The magic eight ball was working overtime as we discussed our picks. If only I could find that crystal ball…
The predictions from our six writers varied, but Sporting Kansas City and Portland Timbers are the clear favorites with our guys, while it’s not looking great for the likes of Chivas USA and D.C. United once again. Also, we think Toronto FC will use their new superstar signings, Michael Bradley and Jermain Defoe, to surge up the standings and finally make the playoffs.
Below you can see who we think will win the league, who will qualify for the MLS postseason and who will win MLS Cup and be crowned 2014 champions. Bonus: Click on the teams and it will take you to their season preview.
MLS Cup Winners, 2014
Feel free to let us know your final MLS standings in the comments below. Anyway, here’s our predictions:
- Three things we learned from the USMNT’s late 1-1 draw in Switzerland 0
- Player ratings: Stars and flops for the USMNT in 1-1 draw at Switzerland 8
- Switzerland 1-1 USMNT: Another late equalizer cancels out Shea’s stunner 2
- VIDEO: Watch Brek Shea’s stunning free kick for USA against Switzerland 2
- Lineups out for USMNT vs. Switzerland: Williams, Morales, Shea come in; diamond in midfield 2
- VIDEO: Watch Real Madrid’s Gareth Bale dominate NBA’s half court challenge 0