Mar 8, 2014, 1:22 PM EST
If U.S. national team fans are worried about where goals are going to come from at the World Cup this summer, don’t fret… this kid Aron Johannsson is red-hot.
On Saturday USMNT forward Johannsson scored his 15th goal of the season for AZ Alkmaar against Heerenveen in the Dutch Eredivisie. Then added another before the break to put AZ 2-0 up.
If you watch the video above, you can see the 23-year-old’s first goal is no ordinary strike either. Johannsson beautifully cushioned a pull back on his right foot before hammering a controlled volley into the roof of the net to put AZ 1-0 up in the 16th minute.
Johannsson continued to impress early in the game as the AZ man looked lively and up for it. Will a strong end to his domestic campaign force Jurgen Klinsmann to start the American forward in Brazil this summer?
Scoring goals like this certainly won’t harm his chances.
- PHOTOS: LA Galaxy, Real Salt Lake, Montreal Impact, Chicago Fire unveil new 2015 jerseys 1
- WATCH: Midweek Premier League TV schedule – Week 28 0
- 2015 MLS predictions: Cup winners? MVP? Lampard or Gerrard? Kaka or Giovinco? 2
- MLS Atlanta makes shrewd hire, bringing in Carlos Bocanegra as technical director 0
- BBC report: Sunderland’s Adam Johnson arrested on suspicion of sex with a 15-year-old girl 4
- Premier League Playback: Why Manchester City are throwing away the title 0