Mar 8, 2014, 1:22 PM EDT
If U.S. national team fans are worried about where goals are going to come from at the World Cup this summer, don’t fret… this kid Aron Johannsson is red-hot.
On Saturday USMNT forward Johannsson scored his 15th goal of the season for AZ Alkmaar against Heerenveen in the Dutch Eredivisie. Then added another before the break to put AZ 2-0 up.
If you watch the video above, you can see the 23-year-old’s first goal is no ordinary strike either. Johannsson beautifully cushioned a pull back on his right foot before hammering a controlled volley into the roof of the net to put AZ 1-0 up in the 16th minute.
Johannsson continued to impress early in the game as the AZ man looked lively and up for it. Will a strong end to his domestic campaign force Jurgen Klinsmann to start the American forward in Brazil this summer?
Scoring goals like this certainly won’t harm his chances.
- Reports: Jermaine Jones coming to Chicago, move welcomed by Fire 0
- Atlético Madrid latest club linked with Javier ‘Chicharito’ Hernández 3
- Romelu Lukaku completes permanent, $47 million move to Everton 8
- Report: US to play friendly vs. Colombia in San Antonio 1
- Transfer Rumor Roundup: Cuadrado to Manchester United, Lukaku to Everton 0
- Steven Gerrard endured “worst three months” of his life after Liverpool, England heartbreak 3