Mar 8, 2014, 12:05 PM EDT
On Saturday there’s a massive London derby at Stamford Bridge as Chelsea host Tottenham (Watch live on NBCSN, 12:30 p.m. ET and online via Live Extra) with the Blues hoping to extend their lead at the top of the Premier League standings.
Jose Mourinho has never lost a home PL game in charge of Chelsea, but Spurs will be eager to put an end to that record and give their own top four hopes a massive boost. Earlier this season the teams drew 1-1 at White Hart Lane in a bruising encounter which had plenty of controversy.
Chelsea have not lost in 26 home games against Tottenham and Tim Sherwood’s men have not won at Stamford Bridge since 1990. Spurs sit four points off Man City in fourth spot, but have played two more games than the Citizens as a UEFA Champions League spot looks like it will just evade them once again. Chelsea are aiming to extend their lead at the top to seven points, but both Arsenal, Liverpool and City behind them all have games in hand.
In team news Chelsea were set to start with Fernando Torres up front once again but he got injured in the warm up which meant Samuel Eto’o came in. Frank Lampard partners Nemanja Matic in central midfield. As for Spurs, they start with just Emmanuel Adebayor up front and Younes Kaboul comes into the back four with Jan Vertonghen switching to left back.
- Premier League Sunday Preview: Tottenham host Liverpool, Arsenal face Leicester 0
- Revolution feeling a Jermaine Jones boost after unloading on Toronto 0
- Reports: Julian Green to be loaned from Bayern Munich to Hamburg 0
- Xabi Alonso debuts as Bayern Munich held at Schalke 0
- Premier League Saturday Roundup: Chelsea win classic; Stoke stun Man City 0
- Everton 3-6 Chelsea: Blues prevail in sensational nine-goal thriller (video) 1