Mar 9, 2014, 10:10 PM EDT
Gerard Pique may be 10 years the junior of his girlfriend Shakira, but the Colombian pop star has made it clear that he says what goes when it comes to certain aspects of his career.
The Barcelona defender, who may sit Barca’s next match to ensure his participation in the upcoming El Clasico, is apparently very opinionated when it comes to how sultry Shakira can be in her videos… and with whom she can film.
The video, featuring the two women caressing each other and smoking cigars, was steamy enough that Shakira asked Pique for permission to shoot it.
“He’s very territorial, and since he no longer lets me do videos with men, well, I have to do them with women,” she says with a laugh. “It’s more than implied in our relationship that I can’t do videos like I used to. It’s out of the question – which I like, by the way. I like that he protects his turf and he values me, in a way that the only person that he would ever let graze my thigh would be Rihanna.”
It’s pretty old school — some are saying archaic — and just bizarre to think about. So you’re cool with your lady making a dirty video with another lady, but not a man? What’s the difference? You don’t have to love show business, but… oh, whatever.
- Manchester United confirm $55 million signing of teenage striker Anthony Martial 0
- Deadline Day transfer rumor roundup: Hector to Chelsea, Berahino to Tottenham 0
- How did David de Gea’s move to Real Madrid collapse? Here’s a few answers 3
- Big Spenders: Which Premier League clubs must go all-in on transfer deadline day? 3
- Done Deals: Recapping Man United (and others’) busy day — De Gea drama; Chicharito out; $56 million for Martial 1
- NO DEAL: David de Gea’s transfer to Real Madrid falls through as Man United paperwork arrives too late 7