Mar 9, 2014, 4:01 PM EST
Newcastle United manager Alan Pardew has been charged for his head-first attack on Hull City’s David Meyler, but the Tigers player made sure to add to the incident’s notoriety after scoring in the FA Cup quarterfinals.
Meyler capped off a long run with a left-footed finish to score the second of Hull’s three goals in a shutout win over Sunderland on Sunday, before racing to the corner flag to headbutt it (a bit of echoey video here, but you must see it. Feel free to turn the audio down).
In the words of esteem colleague Richard Farley, it’s been a heck of a weekend for the corner flag, as “Corner flag is daring to Zlatan!”
- Premier League Playback: When will Arsenal, Liverpool snap out of their funk? 0
- 2014’s Top Ten moments in Premier League – Numbers 5-1 1
- Watch Live: Stoke City vs. Chelsea (Lineups and Live Stream) 0
- 2014’s Top Ten moments in Premier League – Numbers 10-6 0
- NBC Sports to air first-ever “Premier League Breakaway” show on New Year’s Day 0
- DeAndre Yedlin granted work permit, heading to Tottenham Hotspur 3