Mar 9, 2014, 4:01 PM EDT
Newcastle United manager Alan Pardew has been charged for his head-first attack on Hull City’s David Meyler, but the Tigers player made sure to add to the incident’s notoriety after scoring in the FA Cup quarterfinals.
Meyler capped off a long run with a left-footed finish to score the second of Hull’s three goals in a shutout win over Sunderland on Sunday, before racing to the corner flag to headbutt it (a bit of echoey video here, but you must see it. Feel free to turn the audio down).
In the words of esteem colleague Richard Farley, it’s been a heck of a weekend for the corner flag, as “Corner flag is daring to Zlatan!”
- Top seven moments that defined Chelsea’s championship season 0
- Chelsea crowned Premier League champions in record fashion 0
- Chelsea 1-0 Crystal Palace: Hazard goal fittingly clinches Premier League title (video) 0
- MLS roundup: Revs, D.C. United rule the East; Timbers, Whitecaps split points 0
- MLS Snapshot: D.C. United 2-0 Columbus Crew SC 0
- Premier League Sunday preview: Chelsea chases coronation clincher, Spurs host Man City 0