Mar 9, 2014, 4:01 PM EDT
Newcastle United manager Alan Pardew has been charged for his head-first attack on Hull City’s David Meyler, but the Tigers player made sure to add to the incident’s notoriety after scoring in the FA Cup quarterfinals.
Meyler capped off a long run with a left-footed finish to score the second of Hull’s three goals in a shutout win over Sunderland on Sunday, before racing to the corner flag to headbutt it (a bit of echoey video here, but you must see it. Feel free to turn the audio down).
In the words of esteem colleague Richard Farley, it’s been a heck of a weekend for the corner flag, as “Corner flag is daring to Zlatan!”
- Premier League friendly roundup: Southampton draws, Stoke swallowed 0
- Jose Mourinho says “best team lost,” attacks Arsenal’s defensive tactics, as Chelsea beaten at their own game 5
- Arsene Wenger, Jose Mourinho fail to shake hands, as Gunners boss finally prevails 1
- Three things we learned from Arsenal’s Community Shield win vs. Chelsea 0
- Arsenal 1-0 Chelsea: Oxlade-Chamberlain strike wins Gunners FA Community Shield 0
- Report: Manchester United, PSG agree to $70 million fee for Angel di Maria 3