Mar 9, 2014, 4:01 PM EDT
Newcastle United manager Alan Pardew has been charged for his head-first attack on Hull City’s David Meyler, but the Tigers player made sure to add to the incident’s notoriety after scoring in the FA Cup quarterfinals.
Meyler capped off a long run with a left-footed finish to score the second of Hull’s three goals in a shutout win over Sunderland on Sunday, before racing to the corner flag to headbutt it (a bit of echoey video here, but you must see it. Feel free to turn the audio down).
In the words of esteem colleague Richard Farley, it’s been a heck of a weekend for the corner flag, as “Corner flag is daring to Zlatan!”
- VIDEO: Can Manchester United beat Chelsea? PST Extra breaks it down 0
- MLS Atlanta urges David Beckham, Miami to share stadium with Dolphins 6
- Reality check: Outclassed by Real Madrid, what now for Liverpool? 0
- After winless October, USA drop out of top 20 in latest FIFA rankings 4
- PST’s MLS Rookie of the Year: Shipp, Hagglund, Akindele or Birnbaum? 0
- It’s official: World No. 3 Colombia to face USMNT in London on Nov. 14 0