Mar 9, 2014, 4:01 PM EST
Newcastle United manager Alan Pardew has been charged for his head-first attack on Hull City’s David Meyler, but the Tigers player made sure to add to the incident’s notoriety after scoring in the FA Cup quarterfinals.
Meyler capped off a long run with a left-footed finish to score the second of Hull’s three goals in a shutout win over Sunderland on Sunday, before racing to the corner flag to headbutt it (a bit of echoey video here, but you must see it. Feel free to turn the audio down).
In the words of esteem colleague Richard Farley, it’s been a heck of a weekend for the corner flag, as “Corner flag is daring to Zlatan!”
- Video: Brendan Rodgers says Liverpool needs to “become a team” 0
- Crystal Palace 3-1 Liverpool: Bolasie carves up Liverpool defense 1
- Report: Marco Reus is out for rest of 2014 with torn ankle ligament 3
- Premier League Sunday preview: Liverpool, Spurs take to road to face fellow strugglers Palace, Hull 1
- Premier League roundup: Wins for Manchester United, Chelsea, Burnley (video) 0
- WATCH: Messi’s teammates repeatedly toss him in air after breaking La Liga record 2