Mar 9, 2014, 2:59 PM EDT
Following Barcleona’s shock loss to Real Valladolid, the Catalans face a personnel conundrum.
Defender Gerard Pique, who is an integral part of their back line, picked up his fourth yellow card of the season in the 65th minute of the loss.
One more means he will be suspended for a match, and Barcelona are looking towards their enormous El Classico battle with Real Madrid on March 23.
First, however, they have a league match with Osasuna.
Therefore, Barcelona are debating sitting Pique in that match to ensure he will be available for the Madrid match.
The 27-year-old has been very good in the discipline department, as he didn’t pick up his first yellow of the season until 14th appearance. Two bookings in his last two matches, however, have put him in jeopardy of a suspension.
So far this La Liga season, Pique has played 2,039 of a possible 2,430 minutes for Barcelona, and just over 3,000 minutes across all competitions for Gerardo Martino.
Before facing Osasuna on March 16, Barcelona will face Manchester City in their Champions League second leg on Wednesday.
- Reports: Manchester United nearing cut-price loan for Falcao 0
- Toronto FC fire Ryan Nelsen thanks to disappointing position and disparaging comments 1
- Leicester City 1-1 Arsenal: Home side holds strong for draw 3
- Done deal: Chelsea sign Loic Remy from QPR 0
- Tottenham 0-3 Liverpool: Familiar scenes as Reds storm Spurs in London 4
- Premier League Sunday Preview: Tottenham host Liverpool, Arsenal face Leicester 0