Mar 10, 2014, 3:25 PM EST
Thiago Silva’s 29-plus years on Earth have carried with them a lot of brilliant memories, but not too many can likely rival being given a vote of confidence from the greatest living footballer.
He’s a three-time UEFA Team of the Year member, 2013 Confederations Cup winner and has been captain of AC Milan, Paris Saint-Germain and Brazil. Yet with the World Cup being held in his home nation in 2014, there’s gotta be very little in his life as cool as getting a nod from Pelé.
The captain of our Seleção has my trust and my support to lead Brazil during the World Cup. pic.twitter.com/0JGlHaip4I
— Pelé (@Pele) March 10, 2014
That is not a lousy public high-five for a player, now, is it?
- Recap: New England Revolution snatch 2-1 lead, two away goals from New York Red Bulls 3
- Video: Brendan Rodgers says Liverpool needs to “become a team” 0
- Crystal Palace 3-1 Liverpool: Bolasie carves up Liverpool defense 2
- Report: Marco Reus is out for rest of 2014 with torn ankle ligament 3
- Premier League Sunday preview: Liverpool, Spurs take to road to face fellow strugglers Palace, Hull 1
- Premier League roundup: Wins for Manchester United, Chelsea, Burnley (video) 0