Mar 10, 2014, 3:25 PM EDT
Thiago Silva’s 29-plus years on Earth have carried with them a lot of brilliant memories, but not too many can likely rival being given a vote of confidence from the greatest living footballer.
He’s a three-time UEFA Team of the Year member, 2013 Confederations Cup winner and has been captain of AC Milan, Paris Saint-Germain and Brazil. Yet with the World Cup being held in his home nation in 2014, there’s gotta be very little in his life as cool as getting a nod from Pelé.
The captain of our Seleção has my trust and my support to lead Brazil during the World Cup. pic.twitter.com/0JGlHaip4I
— Pelé (@Pele) March 10, 2014
That is not a lousy public high-five for a player, now, is it?
- Watch Live: Manchester United vs. Inter Milan (Lineups and Discuss) 0
- Liverpool complete $17 million signing of Belgian striker Divock Origi 1
- Tim Howard joins NBC Sports’ Premier League broadcast team on multi-year deal 11
- VIDEO: US stars fight – Omar Gonzalez vs. Clint Dempsey, DeAndre Yedlin 6
- Manchester United’s Luke Shaw trains on his own, told he’s “not fit enough” 2
- MLS Snapshot: Seattle Sounders 0-3 LA Galaxy 3