Mar 10, 2014, 3:25 PM EDT
Thiago Silva’s 29-plus years on Earth have carried with them a lot of brilliant memories, but not too many can likely rival being given a vote of confidence from the greatest living footballer.
He’s a three-time UEFA Team of the Year member, 2013 Confederations Cup winner and has been captain of AC Milan, Paris Saint-Germain and Brazil. Yet with the World Cup being held in his home nation in 2014, there’s gotta be very little in his life as cool as getting a nod from Pelé.
The captain of our Seleção has my trust and my support to lead Brazil during the World Cup. pic.twitter.com/0JGlHaip4I
— Pelé (@Pele) March 10, 2014
That is not a lousy public high-five for a player, now, is it?
- UEFA Champions League preview: Can PSG, Bayern come back from 3-1 down to Barcelona, Porto? 0
- MLS Team of the Week — Stars of Week 7 0
- Premier League Power Rankings: Big climbers galore as momentum kicks in 1
- Premier League Playback: Manchester United prove they can challenge Chelsea for the title 2
- Sepp Blatter: Putin, Russia will host “best ever World Cup” in 2018 3
- Real Madrid’s Gareth Bale set to miss three weeks, Champions League clash vs. Atletico, with injury 1