Mar 10, 2014, 3:25 PM EST
Thiago Silva’s 29-plus years on Earth have carried with them a lot of brilliant memories, but not too many can likely rival being given a vote of confidence from the greatest living footballer.
He’s a three-time UEFA Team of the Year member, 2013 Confederations Cup winner and has been captain of AC Milan, Paris Saint-Germain and Brazil. Yet with the World Cup being held in his home nation in 2014, there’s gotta be very little in his life as cool as getting a nod from Pelé.
The captain of our Seleção has my trust and my support to lead Brazil during the World Cup. pic.twitter.com/0JGlHaip4I
— Pelé (@Pele) March 10, 2014
That is not a lousy public high-five for a player, now, is it?
- VIDEO: PST Extra examines huge top four showdowns in Premier League 0
- Huge blow for Arsenal as Jack Wilshere is out for three months 0
- Bob Bradley talks Stabaek, job offers, offseason plans and more 0
- USA drop five places in latest FIFA world rankings; England on the up 1
- Despite their struggles, Liverpool’s season intact as spirit shines through 4
- Champions League roundup: Arsenal, Atletico Madrid through, tense elsewhere 3