Mar 10, 2014, 3:25 PM EDT
Thiago Silva’s 29-plus years on Earth have carried with them a lot of brilliant memories, but not too many can likely rival being given a vote of confidence from the greatest living footballer.
He’s a three-time UEFA Team of the Year member, 2013 Confederations Cup winner and has been captain of AC Milan, Paris Saint-Germain and Brazil. Yet with the World Cup being held in his home nation in 2014, there’s gotta be very little in his life as cool as getting a nod from Pelé.
The captain of our Seleção has my trust and my support to lead Brazil during the World Cup. pic.twitter.com/0JGlHaip4I
— Pelé (@Pele) March 10, 2014
That is not a lousy public high-five for a player, now, is it?
- MLS Weekend Preview: Derbies close weekend kicking off off at Sporting Park 0
- Lessons from 2010 say U.S. squad as much about opportunity, circumstances as youth 0
- Premier League Power Rankings: Familiar faces jostle for the top spot – Week 1 2
- U.S. roster for Czech Republic: Quick look at some of the newer names 4
- Plenty of surprises in US national team roster for Czech Republic friendly 2
- Analysis: Arsenal, Manchester City handed tough Champions League draw 1