Mar 12, 2014, 2:10 PM EST
A League Two midfielder has received “The Suarez.”
Well, actually, in a sense a pair of League Two midfielders received something that could be described as such:
1) Chestefield midfielder Ollie Banks claims he was bitten by Torquay United midfielder Joss Labadie.
2) Labadie, a West Bromwich Albion youth product, has been suspended 10 games by the Football Association.
Torquay are expected to appeal the suspension, which comes with a fine of approximately $3300, and have until Monday to do so. There was no discipline meted out during the match and the relegation-scrapping Gulls are denying wrongdoing from Labadie, including this quote from manager Chris Hargreaves:
“It’s a denial from the club and from myself of any wrongdoing,” Hargreaves told BBC Radio Devon.
“From what I’ve seen, I don’t know how they can get to that conclusion.”
- PHOTOS: LA Galaxy, Real Salt Lake, Montreal Impact, Chicago Fire unveil new 2015 jerseys 1
- WATCH: Midweek Premier League TV schedule – Week 28 0
- 2015 MLS predictions: Cup winners? MVP? Lampard or Gerrard? Kaka or Giovinco? 2
- MLS Atlanta makes shrewd hire, bringing in Carlos Bocanegra as technical director 0
- BBC report: Sunderland’s Adam Johnson arrested on suspicion of sex with a 15-year-old girl 4
- Premier League Playback: Why Manchester City are throwing away the title 0