Mar 12, 2014, 2:10 PM EDT
A League Two midfielder has received “The Suarez.”
Well, actually, in a sense a pair of League Two midfielders received something that could be described as such:
1) Chestefield midfielder Ollie Banks claims he was bitten by Torquay United midfielder Joss Labadie.
2) Labadie, a West Bromwich Albion youth product, has been suspended 10 games by the Football Association.
Torquay are expected to appeal the suspension, which comes with a fine of approximately $3300, and have until Monday to do so. There was no discipline meted out during the match and the relegation-scrapping Gulls are denying wrongdoing from Labadie, including this quote from manager Chris Hargreaves:
“It’s a denial from the club and from myself of any wrongdoing,” Hargreaves told BBC Radio Devon.
“From what I’ve seen, I don’t know how they can get to that conclusion.”
- Atlético Madrid latest club linked with Javier ‘Chicharito’ Hernández 0
- Romelu Lukaku completes permanent, $47 million move to Everton 3
- Report: US to play friendly vs. Colombia in San Antonio 1
- Transfer Rumor Roundup: Cuadrado to Manchester United, Lukaku to Everton 0
- Steven Gerrard endured “worst three months” of his life after Liverpool, England heartbreak 2
- Premier League on tour, Tuesday roundup: United beat Inter in penalties 1