Mar 12, 2014, 12:00 PM EDT
The United States women’s national team snapped out of its first three-match winless skid in 13 years by beating North Korea today by a 3-0 score. Abby Wambach scored twice for the United States, and her first goal was pretty darn athletic.
Wambach’s goal total now stands at 167 for her country, which finished seventh at the Algarve Cup in a massive disappointment. She’ll switch gears now to club soccer with the NWSL, where she plays for the Western New York Flash.
- Monday’s Transfer Rumor Roundup: PSG’s $133 million Ronaldo bid, Stones to Chelsea 1
- Amid reports of journalist brawl, Mexico boss Miguel Herrera looks ahead to USMNT showdown 4
- Manchester United lack creativity to challenge top clubs, says Louis van Gaal 6
- Premier League 2015-16 season preview: Arsenal 9
- Mexico 3-1 Jamaica: El Tri overpowers Cinderella story to win Gold Cup 30
- Frank Lampard ruled out of MLS All-Star game 2