Mar 12, 2014, 12:00 PM EDT
The United States women’s national team snapped out of its first three-match winless skid in 13 years by beating North Korea today by a 3-0 score. Abby Wambach scored twice for the United States, and her first goal was pretty darn athletic.
Wambach’s goal total now stands at 167 for her country, which finished seventh at the Algarve Cup in a massive disappointment. She’ll switch gears now to club soccer with the NWSL, where she plays for the Western New York Flash.
- MLS Player of the Week — Week 8: Columbus Crew SC’s Ethan Finlay 0
- MLS Team of the Week — Stars of Week 8 0
- Not even allowed an appeal: CONCACAF confirms Bush suspension for Champions League final 2
- Premier League Playback: Chelsea brilliant, not boring, as title inches closer 0
- MLS official squashes rumor of emergency intra-MLS goalkeeper loan for CONCACAF Champions League final 11
- VIDEO: Premier League Player of the Week — Round 34 0