Mar 12, 2014, 12:00 PM EDT
The United States women’s national team snapped out of its first three-match winless skid in 13 years by beating North Korea today by a 3-0 score. Abby Wambach scored twice for the United States, and her first goal was pretty darn athletic.
Wambach’s goal total now stands at 167 for her country, which finished seventh at the Algarve Cup in a massive disappointment. She’ll switch gears now to club soccer with the NWSL, where she plays for the Western New York Flash.
- Official: Andrea Pirlo announces his arrival at New York City FC (video) 4
- It’s all-but-official as Juventus says thanks to Pirlo, wishes him best with New York City 0
- GLORY IN PHOTOS: Our favorite shots from the USWNT’s winning evening in Vancouver 0
- CONCACAF lays out reform plan post-scandal: “People are right to be skeptical” 1
- Carli Lloyd proves she’s the Women’s World Cup hero she always knew she would be 1
- Mission accomplished: Abby Wambach gets her World Cup title 1