Mar 12, 2014, 12:00 PM EDT
The United States women’s national team snapped out of its first three-match winless skid in 13 years by beating North Korea today by a 3-0 score. Abby Wambach scored twice for the United States, and her first goal was pretty darn athletic.
Wambach’s goal total now stands at 167 for her country, which finished seventh at the Algarve Cup in a massive disappointment. She’ll switch gears now to club soccer with the NWSL, where she plays for the Western New York Flash.
- How will USMNT line up in friendly vs. Peru? 3
- VIDEO: PST Extra analyzes how Deadline Day played out across the Premier League 0
- Arsenal’s striker fears grow: Danny Welbeck has surgery, out long-term 5
- USMNT move up one spot in latest FIFA World rankings 1
- Klinsmann confirms Brad Guzan will start Confederations Cup playoff in goal 7
- Full list of every transfer made by Premier League clubs during the Summer Transfer Window 0