Mar 13, 2014, 10:57 AM EDT
The Guardian is reporting that Manchester United legend Eric Cantona has been arrested and cautioned after assault in London.
A police statement confirmed the incident:
“Police were called to Regents Park Road, NW1, at 12.55pm on Wednesday 12th March, following reports of an assault. Officers from Camden Borough attended and a man in his mid-40s was arrested on suspicion of common assault.
“He was taken into custody and subsequently cautioned for common assault. The victim, a man, did not require medical assistance at the scene.”
In 1995, the French international was banned for eight months by the Football Association after kung-fu kicking a Crystal Palace fan who allegedly told Cantona: “F*** off back to France, you French motherf*****”
Since then Cantona has led an interesting life as an artist and actor. In 2011 he was named Director of Soccer by NASL side New York Cosmos.
- Report: Liverpool’s Daniel Sturridge to miss a month with hip injury 2
- EURO 2016 preview: Qualifying resumes for England, Spain, Germany, Italy 0
- Lionel Messi earns $1.4 million per week, tops Cristiano Ronaldo, Neymar as richest player 3
- Morgan Schneiderlin wants Southampton exit if they fail to make UEFA Champions League 4
- VIDEO: Cristiano Ronaldo could be fined, suspended for “calm down” celebration 4
- Three things we learned from the USA’s late defeat vs. Denmark 6