Mar 13, 2014, 10:57 AM EDT
The Guardian is reporting that Manchester United legend Eric Cantona has been arrested and cautioned after assault in London.
A police statement confirmed the incident:
“Police were called to Regents Park Road, NW1, at 12.55pm on Wednesday 12th March, following reports of an assault. Officers from Camden Borough attended and a man in his mid-40s was arrested on suspicion of common assault.
“He was taken into custody and subsequently cautioned for common assault. The victim, a man, did not require medical assistance at the scene.”
In 1995, the French international was banned for eight months by the Football Association after kung-fu kicking a Crystal Palace fan who allegedly told Cantona: “F*** off back to France, you French motherf*****”
Since then Cantona has led an interesting life as an artist and actor. In 2011 he was named Director of Soccer by NASL side New York Cosmos.
- USMNT player ratings: How Klinsmann’s men fared against Peru 0
- Three things we learned from USMNT’s comeback win vs. Peru 0
- USMNT 2-1 Peru: Altidore double leads USA to come-from-behind win 0
- EXCLUSIVE: US Olympic coach Andi Herzog on Rio 2016, MLS, over-age players and more 0
- Real Madrid’s Perez says De Gea move failed because Manchester United lacks transfer “experience” 6
- Preview: USMNT to face Peru in tune-up for CONCACAF playoff vs. Mexico 0