Mar 13, 2014, 10:57 AM EDT
The Guardian is reporting that Manchester United legend Eric Cantona has been arrested and cautioned after assault in London.
A police statement confirmed the incident:
“Police were called to Regents Park Road, NW1, at 12.55pm on Wednesday 12th March, following reports of an assault. Officers from Camden Borough attended and a man in his mid-40s was arrested on suspicion of common assault.
“He was taken into custody and subsequently cautioned for common assault. The victim, a man, did not require medical assistance at the scene.”
In 1995, the French international was banned for eight months by the Football Association after kung-fu kicking a Crystal Palace fan who allegedly told Cantona: “F*** off back to France, you French motherf*****”
Since then Cantona has led an interesting life as an artist and actor. In 2011 he was named Director of Soccer by NASL side New York Cosmos.
- MLS Snapshot: Seattle Sounders 0-3 LA Galaxy 0
- Premier, Champions League quotas leave Mourinho desperate to sell Torres 0
- Van Gaal, Manchester United ready to move on from Fellaini, Kagawa 0
- Radamel Falcao on track to return at weekend’s Emirates Cup 0
- PST’s Major League Soccer Player of the Week: Portland’s Diego Valeri 0
- The great Southampton exodus continues. Why is this happening? 6