Mar 13, 2014, 10:57 AM EDT
The Guardian is reporting that Manchester United legend Eric Cantona has been arrested and cautioned after assault in London.
A police statement confirmed the incident:
“Police were called to Regents Park Road, NW1, at 12.55pm on Wednesday 12th March, following reports of an assault. Officers from Camden Borough attended and a man in his mid-40s was arrested on suspicion of common assault.
“He was taken into custody and subsequently cautioned for common assault. The victim, a man, did not require medical assistance at the scene.”
In 1995, the French international was banned for eight months by the Football Association after kung-fu kicking a Crystal Palace fan who allegedly told Cantona: “F*** off back to France, you French motherf*****”
Since then Cantona has led an interesting life as an artist and actor. In 2011 he was named Director of Soccer by NASL side New York Cosmos.
- Premier League friendly roundup: Southampton draws, Stoke swallowed 0
- Jose Mourinho says “best team lost,” attacks Arsenal’s defensive tactics, as Chelsea beaten at their own game 4
- Arsene Wenger, Jose Mourinho fail to shake hands, as Gunners boss finally prevails 1
- Three things we learned from Arsenal’s Community Shield win vs. Chelsea 0
- Arsenal 1-0 Chelsea: Oxlade-Chamberlain strike wins Gunners FA Community Shield 0
- Report: Manchester United, PSG agree to $70 million fee for Angel di Maria 3