Mar 13, 2014, 1:25 PM EDT
Despite receiving widespread criticism for discussing his views on homosexuality earlier this winter, PSG center-back Alex revisited the topic with Swedish newspaper Expressen explaining he does not think it’s right for a person to live with someone of the same sex.
“I don’t agree that it is OK that a man lives with another man and a woman with a woman. That is my view. We don’t agree. At the same time everyone is free to do what they want. Everyone has freedom. This is easy for me to explain. If you don’t agree with me and what I believe, and what the Bible says, then that is up to you.”
Despite that freedom, however, Alex claims “God says one should love all people for what they are. We love everyone but do not like those who do not stand for what the Bible says. But this is not about homophobia.”
Alex’s desire to sit down with Expressen stems from last January when he claimed “God created Adam and Eve, not Adam and Yves,” for which he was heavily criticized.
- WATCH: Premier League online via NBC Sports Live Extra – Week 9 0
- Chicago Fire 2-1 Houston Dynamo: Stoppage-time winner caps off Chicago comeback (VIDEO) 1
- Premier League Preview: Sunderland vs. Arsenal 0
- Still defending racial incident, seething at bite talk, Suarez returns for Barcelona 0
- Prince-Wright’s Premier League picks – Manchester United, Arsenal, Liverpool 0
- WATCH: Premier League TV schedule – Week 9 1