Mar 13, 2014, 1:25 PM EDT
Despite receiving widespread criticism for discussing his views on homosexuality earlier this winter, PSG center-back Alex revisited the topic with Swedish newspaper Expressen explaining he does not think it’s right for a person to live with someone of the same sex.
“I don’t agree that it is OK that a man lives with another man and a woman with a woman. That is my view. We don’t agree. At the same time everyone is free to do what they want. Everyone has freedom. This is easy for me to explain. If you don’t agree with me and what I believe, and what the Bible says, then that is up to you.”
Despite that freedom, however, Alex claims “God says one should love all people for what they are. We love everyone but do not like those who do not stand for what the Bible says. But this is not about homophobia.”
Alex’s desire to sit down with Expressen stems from last January when he claimed “God created Adam and Eve, not Adam and Yves,” for which he was heavily criticized.
- Report: AZ Alkmaar speaking with Werder Bremen about Aron Johannsson 0
- Premier League Goalkeeper preview: Who’s in our Top Five, and who switched clubs? 2
- Best starting lineups for all 20 Premier League teams – Do you agree? 7
- VIDEO: Cristiano Ronaldo storms out of interview: “Doesn’t give a ****” about FIFA 5
- VIDEO: Watch Arsene Wenger snub Jose Mourinho handshake. Who is in the wrong? 3
- Cristiano Ronaldo buys his agent a Greek island… as a wedding gift 1